CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Watch Cartoon Network or the like. Ads are on all the time.

That's not good marketing IMO if its only on Cartoon Network then and nowhere else. 

Po should be everywhere. I should walk into Walmart and almost feel harassed by how much KFP stuff I run into, and KFP ads should be hitting me from all directions, but thats not the case. 

I'm getting a "its the 3rd one, we dont really need to market, people already know what KFP is" vibe from Fox. 

Just now, jandrew said:

That's not good marketing IMO if its only on Cartoon Network then and nowhere else. 

Po should be everywhere. I should walk into Walmart and almost feel harassed by how much KFP stuff I run into, and KFP ads should be hitting me from all directions, but thats not the case. 

I'm getting a "its the 3rd one, we dont really need to market, people already know what KFP is" vibe from Fox. 

Why not? That's catering to like 90% of the target audience.

Awareness? Did they market Ride Along to just BET, Vh1, and Worldstar? Or did you also see it on The Bachelor and Pandora? 

I remember seeing Inside Out on March Madness. March Madness. Along with every channel on the lineup from April on, they killed it on social media, and I even heard an ad on Pandora. And I saw and still see IO stuff everywhere in the stores. I honestly thought it was too early when I was seeing IO plushes in Target back in May, but Disney was smart. Is that all target audience? No. Does it still give the whole brand awareness? Yes. 

Not every kid even watches TV, especially in todays world with mobile apps and what not. And marketing is more than TV. Po has been around 8 years, but that doesnt mean you should just coast on his and his voice actors name, you still need to market, and it has been lackluster to me. You're free to disagree, but Fox has done a lazy job to me.

Edited by jandrew

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Awareness? Did they market Ride Along to just BET, Vh1, and Worldstar? Or did you also see it on The Bachelor and Pandora? 

Relax. Some movies are marketed much more on some channels than others. Doesn't mean they aren't being sold there at all. Besides, this is a second sequel. They know there will be a number of people that will show up no matter what (like I).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Relax. Some movies are marketed much more on some channels than others. Doesn't mean they aren't being sold there at all. Besides, this is a second sequel. They know there will be a number of people that will show up no matter what (like I).

I already said since the beginning its not all about TV. Channel stuff is bogus, but if Fox can put Alvin commercials on MTV, which is completely left field, then I dont see whats wrong with spreading Panda's brand.

Where is KFP grocery items and merchandise? Doesnt matter if its KFP3 or KFP8, you have to let people know, especially considering the drop off from first to second. You can only "just get by" so much. But we'll see. The box office wont lie.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

Just now, jandrew said:

Why are you telling me to relax? Where did I give you an attitude? I'm asking simple questions since you made claims.

I already said since the beginning its not all about TV. Channel stuff is bogus, but if Fox can put Alvin commercials on MTV, which is completely left field, then I dont see whats wrong woth spreading Panda's brand.

Where is KFP grocery items and merchandise? Doesnt matter if its KFP3 or KFP8, you have to let people know, especially considering the drop off from first to second. You can only "just get by" so much. But we'll see. The box office wont lie.

Well, saying "Did they market Ride Along to just BET, Vh1, and Worldstar? Or did you also see it on The Bachelor and Pandora?" seemed a tad dramatic. But all is forgiven if it wasn't meant to come across that way.

• Like 1