ecstasy

Thursday Box Office

And you don't care about TASM and seems to enjoy Nolan's take on Batman a lot. Thank you for your objective post.

Oh, I am not a Nolanite. I prefer Burton's take on Batman, I don't think TDK or Inception were that great. I'm completely neutral.

BB had half the budget of TASM without 3D and it also grossed the 2nd most of the entire brand while having the highest 5 day overall.

NO!!! You're WRONG on your first two claims! And more than likely on the last one also. I have only 3 words for ya there, JackO:

RESEARCH...

FACTS...

ADJUSTED!!! :P:lol:

BB's P-budget was $150m unadjusted & comes in 4/5 for adjusted gross... beating ONLY B&R! :lol:some more @ you Batties... OMG!!!

You do know that studios only get 10% of foreign grosses and 50% of domestic. This is amateur hour.

10% Of the Foreign grosses? Are you fucking shitting me? Then I guess every big Hollywood movie of recent years must be a flop then! Edited by John Marston

How much did the sequel to that movie make?Someone has said it before, but the only real way to tell if this is a successful reboot, is how the sequel does. Batman Begins laid the groundwork and The Dark Knight rode it all the way to the bank. There are a lot of people that really do like TASM. There are a lot that don't. I have a hard time believing this one is setting up the sequel for a huge jump in box office. Although, it wouldn't take much...

It would be best if we don't assume. No one knows what the sequel will do.

How much did the sequel to that movie make?Someone has said it before, but the only real way to tell if this is a successful reboot, is how the sequel does. Batman Begins laid the groundwork and The Dark Knight rode it all the way to the bank. There are a lot of people that really do like TASM. There are a lot that don't. I have a hard time believing this one is setting up the sequel for a huge jump in box office. Although, it wouldn't take much...

the sequel has a chance to make more not just because of WOM for this but also people who just sat this one because it was the origin again might be willing to return for the sequel because it is a new story. If the sequel makes 900m worldwide then this new series has already grossed 1.7 billion

It's sad to see that the Spidey fanboys admit that Spidey is not an A-list SH anymore domestically, it's been demoted to the second tier. I have no other explanations to the of "success" and "great run" comments for TASM. Ain't that nice that from the "SM brand alone will bring 300m" the conversation went to 250m is a success. Let me break it down for you what A-list SH films do:

SM yearly #1 2002

SM2 yearly #2 2004

SM3 yearly #1 2007

TASM guaranteed to finish outside the top 5, losing third of its audience.

Here's hope that TASM 2 will put Spidey over 300m and back to the A-list where it belongs. Don't you worry if Man of Steel or the first post-Nolan Batman film does only 250m I will call it a disappointment as well.

But you're stating something even Spidey fans that knew anything about box office were saying months before the film was released. This was expected. Is it overperforming? Hell no. But it is meeting at least low end expectations. Hard to call a film disappointing when it was expected to "disappoint". Ignoring inflation and 3D(something Hollywood does all the time), it will most likely be the highest grossing reboot DOM and definitely the highest reboot WW. Beating franchises like James Bond, Batman, Terminator and Star Trek. You can spout off all you want that Spidey is not an "elite" franchise but the stats don't back you up.

Just taking admissions into account:

If TASM makes only 240m total...the top franchises in admissions after four movies:

1. Star Wars(Not inc SEs)- EST 387.4m

2. Indiana Jones- EST 235.3m

3. Spider-Man- PROJ 204.5m

4. Shrek- EST 191.5m

5. POTC- EST 186.9m

6. HP- EST 186.9m

7. James Bond- EST 186.7m

8. Batman- EST 167.8m

9. Rocky- EST 166.9m

Of note:

Twilight- EST 139.5

Superman- EST 119.3m

Now someone will say that TASM is a reboot and not comparable to the above franchises. So how about we take the first 3 Batman films and throw in BB instead of B&R for the fourth:

Spider-Man- PROJ 204.5m

Batman- EST 176.5m

And I highly doubt TASM ends up with just 240m either.

Yep...totally lost its "elite" status. :P

• Like 2

How much did the sequel to that movie make?

Someone has said it before, but the only real way to tell if this is a successful reboot, is how the sequel does. Batman Begins laid the groundwork and The Dark Knight rode it all the way to the bank.

There are a lot of people that really do like TASM. There are a lot that don't. I have a hard time believing this one is setting up the sequel for a huge jump in box office.

Although, it wouldn't take much...

You know that doesn't matter. It is perfectly plausible that TASM2 will outgross TDK WW. So unless we do get the sequel and its numbers, we can't judge TASM's success as per your standards. As of now we only have TASM numbers, so all the judging should be based on these numbers.

10% Of the Foreign grosses? Are you fucking shitting me? Then I guess every big Hollywood movie of recent years must be a flop then!

Well, this is coming from the same guy that is constantly touting POTC 4 as a box office success.

LOL. And how much did BATMAN BEGINS make worldwide? A HUGE 373 M.

Wrong thread. Go to the international topic to discuss that. I had a post before TASM opened I predicted that the loonies, who can never accept defeat will bring up TASM's WW total to hide clear the domestic failure. I was spot on. I tell you and the other loonies again in case you can't read properly, this is the domestic box office thread. So when we call TASM a failure (which is a fact), we mean the NA run, I personally never doubted that the film will be a WW hit, I predicted 810m, which seems to be a great prediction.
  • Like 1

A disastrous 400 M.

Oh my God, Spider-Man is doomed. :lol:

How much did the sequel to that movie make?

Someone has said it before, but the only real way to tell if this is a successful reboot, is how the sequel does. Batman Begins laid the groundwork and The Dark Knight rode it all the way to the bank.

There are a lot of people that really do like TASM. There are a lot that don't. I have a hard time believing this one is setting up the sequel for a huge jump in box office.

Although, it wouldn't take much...

I don't know how old you are, but either you have selective memory and don't remember or you weren't around back then to know that Batman Begins endured a very similar if not equal share of hate from old Burton fans. How do I know that? I've defended Batman Begins as much as I've been defending The Amazing Spider-Man now. I trust Marc Webb vision and it seems that I'm not alone. Actually, it seems that far more people are in love with Webb's take than Nolan's comparing the two films. The hate that The Amazing Spider-Man is facing is a piece of cake next to what that movie faced. The jokes about Bale's Bat voices were everywhere. Now I remember laughing, but BB also hadn't an easy pass or was "critically acclaimed" as you see it now.

Wrong thread. Go to the international topic to discuss that. I had a post before TASM opened I predicted that the loonies, who can never accept defeat will bring up TASM's WW total to hide clear the domestic failure. I was spot on. I tell you and the other loonies again in case you can't read properly, this is the domestic box office thread. So when we call TASM a failure (which is a fact), we mean the NA run, I personally never doubted that the film will be a WW hit, I predicted 810m, which seems to be a great prediction.

I. PITY. YOUR. PARENTS.

Well, this is coming from the same guy that is constantly touting POTC 4 as a box office success.

it is a box office success. Why would it not be? The idea that studios only get 10% of the foreign grosses is such bullshit it is not even funny. That would mean pretty much every big Hollywood film of recent years is a flop.

You know more about Spider Man then me, you should already know about the reported 200M on marketing.

Lol. Judging by your presence in every TASM, it seems you know MORE, like WAY MORE than AA regarding Spider-Man.