ecstasy

Thursday Box Office

what about india. According to you a chunk goes as tax. Then to theater chains and finally the distributor. That cannot be 45% right?

For Hollywood films (which mostly play in metros), the avg. tax would be 20%. So from that 80%, distributors get over 50%. Overall that is still more than 40%.

No it didn't & no it won't. What facts are you citing to support your theoretical claims? BTW, some of the Potter films can be considered BO disappointments domestically, ya know.

Yes to some people Potter films are considered domestic disappointments and I'm alright with that. :) Because people are crazy.BB adjusts to 253.7m and sold 32m tickets, TASM should finish it's run around 250m, factoring in 3D surcharges BB will have sold a fair amount of tickets more than TASM based off of my final projection for it. TASM is a reboot following the biggest superhero trilogy and imo it should have grossed much more than what it has, SM3 set spiderman back a fair way.

yes I did. I predicted 285m, though I did feel it has the possibility to make 300m. Now it probably won't but whatever

So what is with the blind animosity towards anyone who says anything about Spider Man? THR says TASM is on track for 800M WW which is literally what I predictedhttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazing-spider-man-box-office-800-million-348683

Yes to some people Potter films are considered domestic disappointments and I'm alright with that. :) Because people are crazy.BB adjusts to 253.7m and sold 32m tickets, TASM should finish it's run around 250m, factoring in 3D surcharges BB will have sold a fair amount of tickets more than TASM based off of my final projection for it. TASM is a reboot following the biggest superhero trilogy and imo it should have grossed much more than what it has, SM3 set spiderman back a fair way.

As I've said, this "projections" don't hold any water in my opinion. Flip floppin' at best. Provide me real hard numbers, not baseless estimatives. Anyone with the due knowledge can make numbers look better, you know. ;)

As I've said, this "projections" don't hold any water in my opinion. Flip floppin' at best. Provide me real hard numbers, not baseless estimatives. Anyone with the due knowledge can make numbers look better, you know. ;)

I can only base my opinion on projections because were talking about money that hasn't been made yet.Anyway locking this thread so the conversation moves to the friday thread. :)