ecstasy

Thursday Box Office

If BB had the advantage of 3D back in 2005 it would have made 280-290m. If TASM makes 280m, then I think it's close enough to be considered a tie in admissions. Anything below that has to be considered less than BB.

This estimates aren't clear enough for me to put my finger on it. Some people believe that The Avengers have far surpassed TDK admissions. Others say that it has not. This kind of estimates are shady and flip floppin talk at best.

FINALLY!!!!

‘Ice Age 4′ Looking Like $14.5M-$16M Friday And $40M-$44M Weekend

By NIKKI FINKE | Friday July 13, 2012 @ 7:47pm PDT

FRIDAY 7:30 PM: More trouble between Rentrak and big theater chain AMC today which is why North American box office is coming to you later than usual. Rentrak is still populating AMC grosses due to feed deficiencies that affect the outcome. In other words, it’s possible that these numbers could jump higher by the end of the day. But right now my sources have Ice Age 4: Continental Drift opening well as expected between $14.5M and $16M for today and $40M-$44M for the weekend. That’s from 3,880 theaters, of which 2,731 are 3D. Sony’s successful The Amazing Spider-Man 3D reboot should come in at around $11M today (-46% compared to last Friday) and $34M (-45%) for the weekend. Universal hit comedy Ted is starting its third weekend with $19M-$20M. Pixar/Disney’s blockbuster toon Brave is looking $10M-$11M, Warner Bros’ low-budget surprise Magic Mike could be $8M-$9M, same as Universal’s holdover Savages from Oliver Stone. More later…

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

My point is that I was called a hater for predicting 250m before the film opened. We have loads of two-faced hypocrites here, who were loud to state that the SM brand will do 300m+, but now they celebrate 250m. It's just fake. It's like me celebrating 490m for TDKR (which wouldn't be a bad number) after predicting 600m+. And kayu, Chris, AA, please quit bringing TASM total to play, that makes you guys weak and desperate, it's doing fine OS, we're discussing the domestic run, which is clearly disappointing.

and there were many predicting 225m or less. Many people even retorted "this is a new series so you can't compare!" when people brought up that ASM didn't have to sell the same number of tickets to reach the others totals. What's the difference

Common knowledge? Why haven't I seen it then? I'm not exactly a lurker...

It was reported by THR. I really dont see the point in putting any effort into finding a link for you just so you can shit all over it.

My point is that I was called a hater for predicting 250m before the film opened. We have loads of two-faced hypocrites here, who were loud to state that the SM brand will do 300m+, but now they celebrate 250m. It's just fake. It's like me celebrating 490m for TDKR (which wouldn't be a bad number) after predicting 600m+. And kayu, Chris, AA, please quit bringing TASM WW total to play, that makes you guys weak and desperate, it's doing fine OS, we're discussing the domestic run, which is clearly disappointing.

Amen. THIS.

It was reported by THR. I really dont see the point in putting any effort into finding a link for you just so you can shit all over it.

yeah you mean by rightfully pointing out that SM2 and 3, which had similar budgets to ASM, also had big marketing budgets as well. And those were considered successful

actually I believe ASM's 3D share was only about 40% or less so it may not have to do that much.the only problem I have with the BB comparison is when people are going to pretend that BB (which made 370m) is a huge box office success while ASM which will make 800m+ is some kind of failure. Don't tell me this nonsense that the worldwide gross doesn't mean anything, based on what I have seen it clearly does.

TASM is much more of a BO success than BB which pretty much wasn't one.

and there were many predicting 225m or less. Many people even retorted "this is a new series so you can't compare!" when people brought up that ASM didn't have to sell the same number of tickets to reach the others totals. What's the difference

And You didn't predict ANYTHING AT ALL.

TASM will need to gross about 300m to sell more tickets than BB.Why are you guys getting so upset over a couple of posts comparing BB to TASM? They are valid comparisons, you guys can get uptight about nothing sometimes.

TASM needs to do 280M to sell more tickets than BB. TASM won't do it but it won't be off by more than 10%.And BB wouldn't have sold many tickets if it was released in 2012.

And kayu, Chris, AA, please quit bringing TASM WW total to play, that makes you guys weak and desperate, it's doing fine OS, we're discussing the domestic run, which is clearly disappointing.

I brought it up like once? My focus has been on DOM.

I don't doubt that there were haters and extremely low predictions, but their failure doesn't make TASM a success. I think it's doing exactly what was expected, mainly because the majority expected it to disappoint. The reason why this board goes mental when it comes to TASM is that the sane predictors triumphed, both the haters and the loonies failed, which is killing both ends. :D