Jack Nevada

Best movies for halloween

This is an October scary movie-fest list I made up for this year. One movie a day with the last two on Halloween. I haven't really stuck by it, exactly, but I think it'd be good with a newbie.HalloweenAn American Werewolf in LondonFriday the 13thAlienHalloween 2the Thing (82)Chopping MallA Nightmare on Elm StreetGremlinsChild's PlayA Nightmare on Elm Street 2Friday the 13th Pt8 Jason Takes Manhattanthe Fly (86)the Silence of the LambsSe7enScreamthe Nightmare Before ChristmasScream 2Sleepy HollowScream 3Halloween H20the RingDawn of the Dead (04)Shaun of the DeadParanormanthe Hills Have Eyes (06)the Descentthe ChildrenTriangleLet Me Inthe Cabin in the Woods & Trick r'Treat

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't recall hearing about this either

Its a really brilliant webseries that airs annually every october. It showcases classic, odd or interesting horror movies. Its from the maker of Angry Video Game Nerd. Here's the 2010 Madness:

Posted Image

http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviereviews/monstermadness/monster-madness-2010/

SCREAM 1,2,3, AND 4!!Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2Freddy Vs. JasonA Nightmare on Elm Street 1,3, & 4 (My favorites of the series)Friday the 13th (I'm a Kreuger fan, I've only seen the first three wholly and bits n pieces of the rest)Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake (O.G. should be watched on a hot, sweaty, summer day IMO)Paranormal Activity 1-3 (Actually I would make this into a marathon that leads into PA4)Blair Witch ProjectThe FlyI Know What You Did Last SummerFinal Destination series, they're not scary, but a fun time nonetheless (except 4, skip that one, sucks major dick)JAWS (more appropriate for summer, but it scares the shit out of me anytime of the year)Invasion of the Body SnatchersChild's Play

• Like 1

That is so cool! Do they have any other special screenings?

Yeah! They are having special screenings all month at this small local chain, and according to the website it's free admission (it's a restaurant-theater). When I went last week for Looper they were playing Nightmare on Elm St, and from now until Halloween they'll have screenings of The Shining, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Hocus Pocus, and Rocky Horror! http://www.chunkys.com/mobile/comingsoon/pelham.php

Yeah! They are having special screenings all month at this small local chain, and according to the website it's free admission (it's a restaurant-theater). When I went last week for Looper they were playing Nightmare on Elm St, and from now until Halloween they'll have screenings of The Shining, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Hocus Pocus, and Rocky Horror! http://www.chunkys.com/mobile/comingsoon/pelham.php

I'm so jealous. That is just awesome. Rocky Horror screening must be a lot of funHave you watched Cinemassacre's Monster Madness?

Its a really brilliant webseries that airs annually every october. It showcases classic, odd or interesting horror movies. Its from the maker of Angry Video Game Nerd. Here's the 2010 Madness:

Posted Image

http://cinemassacre....r-madness-2010/

thanks for the link. I will have to check it out :)

No problem. I cant believe you havent heard of it before, its perfect for a movie fan and very entertaining

If I heard of it before, I really can't remember. But streaming sites are blocked at work so I can't even see the page right now. :(

If I heard of it before, I really can't remember. But streaming sites are blocked at work so I can't even see the page right now. :(

Thats some nazi-shit. But I'm sure you'll enjoy the series, it has a raunchy sense of humor and cool info

Thats some nazi-shit. But I'm sure you'll enjoy the series, it has a raunchy sense of humor and cool info

yeah they block a lot here. General email sites (ex. Yahoo mail, Hotmail, etc), anything sports related, anything game related even if I just wanted to read the wiki page on Pacman not play the game, any hosting sites so most pictures are blank for me on here, anything streaming, forums (yes luckily these pages don't have a forum tag so it gets around that), so basically it is just news sites and stuff like that.As for the series, that sounds pretty good to me. Can't wait to see it :)

I'm so jealous. That is just awesome. Rocky Horror screening must be a lot of funHave you watched Cinemassacre's Monster Madness?

Nope, never even heard of it!Rocky Horror is very tempting because I've still never seen it, and it sounds really fun.

On October 26th and 27th we will be having a special screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show at 11 pm!! This is going to be a red carpet event! Tickets will be available online through our website on September 24th! Be sure to purchase your tickets early as this event has sold out in the past. Doors open at 10:00 pm and props will be allowed so don't forget your toast and playing cards!!!

Also, if you get around to reading Perks, or seeing it, you'll see that Rocky Horror is a huge part of that novel. I'm surprised I never took the time to seek it out after I read the book in high school.

Rocky Horror is very tempting because I've still never seen it, and it sounds really fun.

Yeah, thats what I call a movie. Its pure madness, its disgusting, bizarre, funny and obviously a love letter to the old horror movies by Universal and such. Its a good film, if you can handle it. :lol:

I definitely want to see it with a live audience some day.

Check out Monster Madness if you have time, its a web series