Impact

CAYOM Year 5 Discussion

I corrected my post to reflect why Year 5 ended up as a leap year.We can officially get back on track by having Year 6 be 2016, which would likely mean repeating Year 5's dates but would then keep us on a fixed calendar.Or we could go with the skipped year and have Year 6 be 2017's calendar.

Why did we start the advanced schedule now? I had all my films dates planned and everyone stole them -_-

I wouldn't say stole. I had 3 out of the 4 dates I put up planned before you even joined the game :P My hopefully one day traditional start of May Blockbuster, one of my OCs, and a sequel.

I was originally going to start the schedule, but I went offline and Blank just bumped my position.

Did we agree to this? :unsure: Edited by riczhang

• Community Manager

Did we agree to this? :unsure:

I don't believe so. I don't think it's something that people really sign up for-it gets created when there's demand by the first person who decides to do it? I'm not sure, I don't create the Advanced Schedule thread, but I don't remember anyone discussing who gets it and which year.

I don't believe so. I don't think it's something that people really sign up for-it gets created when there's demand by the first person who decides to do it? I'm not sure, I don't create the Advanced Schedule thread, but I don't remember anyone discussing who gets it and which year.

I always thought that it was Impact or Numbers who does it. I know Blank asked to do it this year and Numbers let him.

• Community Manager

Can we atleast do this after actuals? It's kind of fast paced than it has been.

It's already started and it's not like we'd start the advanced schedule again. We'd just lock the current thread and unlock it again if people really felt like it needs to be closed. Considering how the thread has seven five pages, I don't think that there's any need to lock it as clearly people want to mark out their spots at the moment. Edited by Water Bottle
Fixed typo.

• Community Manager

It's basically a whole "Gotta catch em all!" scenario, usually the thread starter taking the big tickets.

That's weird because the thread starter in this case only took two big dates: Thanksgiving and Christmas, and those dates tend to have more than one blockbuster tenthole anyways. So, yes, please tell me how Blank managed to take all the big tickets?I, for one, have never seen a single person starting the Advanced Schedule to get all the big dates.

• Community Manager

Never mind about thread starters, it's just that Year 6 will be a disaster for a lot of people due to the sudden start of the thread.

I think most players will be fine. There are still many dates open and many films will probably get cancelled before Year 6 even begins. I've played this game long enough that I don't think this will be a disaster for anyone.