kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

I agree with this. SW is a cultural phenom. It will win whatever year it'll be in IMO.

Like Attack of the Clones did?

ROTS adjusts to about $475 million. Certainly big, but not so big that it can't be beaten by anything else. 

Edited by tribefan695

As popular as Dory and FN in general is, arguably the most popular animated movie after Lion King, Pixar, and 12 years of inflation, and you think it's only going to increase by $10M?

Well I'm being cautious because of TS3. Everyone predicted these huge numbers and while it did very well some viewed its run disappointing.

Like Attack of the Clones did?

ROTS adjusts to about $475 million. Certainly big, but not so big that it can't be beaten by anything else. 

The hype was to big like SM2, it fell. EPVII is in the same boat as EP. I was in 1999. Like HPI no movie matched it til HP8 (10 years of inflation). Also AOTC had to compete with SM1 a 400M movie.

Edited by Neo

Well I'm being cautious because of TS3. Everyone predicted these huge numbers and while it did very well some viewed its run disappointing.

"Highest animated movie of all time", $415M dom? #1 for the year. First #1 G-rated movie since '95? People who call that disappointing won't be enthused by anything. People always over-predict and should stop comparing every animated sequel to Shrek 2, which people are now doing for DM2. I feel people are over predicting Trek so we should prepare for more dissapointment, but come on Michael G you a $10M increase is way too low.

Edited by jandrew

"Highest animated movie of all time", $415M?. People who call that disappointing will call everything disappointing. People always over-predict and should stop comparing every animated movie to Shrek 2, which people are now doing for DM2. I feel people are over predicting Trek so we should prepare for more, but come on Michael G you a $10M increase is way too low.

Highest animated movie is Shrek 2.

"Highest animated movie of all time", $415M dom? #1 for the year. First #1 G-rated movie since '95? People who call that disappointing will call everything disappointing. People always over-predict and should stop comparing every animated movie to Shrek 2, which people are now doing for DM2. I feel people are over predicting Trek so we should prepare for more, but come on Michael G you a $10M increase is way too low.

I agree with you but that was some people's reactions. I could change my mind but right now I'm sticking with it lol

I agree with you but that was some people's reactions. I could change my mind but right now I'm sticking with it lol

Don't base predicts off others, predict what you want too, not what others are hoping for. If you really think Dory can only increase $10M after 12 years and endless popularity, but HG can increase though history isn't behind it, its all good. I'm basing my predicts off stats, people set there own selves up for disappointment. I still remember the $500 TF2, Hobbit, and TDKR and $400M IM2 predicts haha.

• Like 1

The hype was to big like SM2, it fell. EPVII is in the same boat as EP. I was in 1999. Like HPI no movie matched it til HP8 (10 years of inflation). Also AOTC had to compete with SM1 a 400M movie.

I agree. You can say that EPII is a direct sequel to EPI, so EPVII should be in the same boat as EPI, not EPII.

I think I was not being specific in my post, when I say that Star War will win whatever year it'll come out, I was referring to EpVII only, and only DOM. WW is a different matters I think, TA2 might have a huge increase overseas that could cover its drop domestically. SW7 should win DOM, but it'll be a battle for No.1 WW. Provided that SW7 will indeed come out on 2015. I'm not sure Dis will do that now that they have FD, they might save SW7 to dominate another year.

Edited by Sam

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 RELEASE SCHEDULE

Please be reminded that all dates listed start from Friday. Some releases open on weekdays.

This schedule only includes wide releases.

Legend: BUENA VISTA | FOX | PARAMOUNT | SONY | UNIVERSAL | WARNER BROTHERS | OTHERS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JANUARY

02-04

09-11

16-18

23-25

30-01

FEBRUARY

06-08

13-15

[*]The Longest Ride

20-22

27-01

MARCH

06-08

[*]The Fantastic Four

13-15

20-22

27-29

[*]The Penguins of Madagascar

APRIL

03-05

10-12

17-19

24-26

MAY

01-03

[*]The Avengers ll

08-10

15-17

22-24

29-31

JUNE

05-07

[*]Trolls

12-14

19-21

[*]Inside Out

26-28

JULY

03-05

[*]Illumination Entertainment Project Untitled

10-12

[*]Pirates of the Caribbean V

17-19

24-26

[*]The Smurfs lll

31-02

AUGUST

07-09

14-16

21-23

28-30

SEPTEMBER

04-06

11-13

18-20

25-27

[*]B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations [*]Hotel Transylvania ll

OCTOBER

02-04

09-11

16-18

23-25

30-01

NOVEMBER

06-08

[*]Ant-Man [*]Peanuts Movie Untitled

13-15

20-22

[*]The Hunger Games: Mockingjay ll

27-29

[*]Finding Dory

DECEMBER

04-06

11-13

18-20

25-27

[*]Kung Fu Panda lll

2016 RELEASE SCHEDULE

Please be reminded that all dates listed start from Friday. Some releases open on weekdays.

This schedule only includes wide releases.

Legend: BUENA VISTA | FOX | PARAMOUNT | SONY | UNIVERSAL | WARNER BROTHERS | OTHERS

MARCH

18-20

[*]Mumbai Musical

JUNE

17-19

[*]How to Train Your Dragon ll

Edited by kayumanggi