kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

If Episode VII makes 2015, it wins. You guys are nuts.

I agree with this. SW is a cultural phenom. It will win whatever year it'll be in IMO. If it's in 2015, maybe overseas will be close between the two, but SW7 will win Dom, and TA2 is bound to drop from TA anyway.

I can see TA2 match TA or increase slightly in WW total cause overseas will be bigger. But DOM, it will drop for sure. If TA gross was about 550-570, then I could get on the "TA2 increase over TA" train, but 623M? Nah, that's just insane, no chance IMO.

IMO, and I know I may be the outlier here, but I don't think SW7 will be THAT big. I mean it'll be huge $350-$500M, but I don't see a Phantom Menace Part 2 with this. I don't think any other movie will beat Phantom's admissions, which is the highest since 99. I don't see SW7 having a dominating run. If it makes 2015, I see.

1. TA2

2-3. SW7 or FD

4. Mockingjay 2

TA2-550SW7-500MJ2-425Dory-350

As popular as Dory and FN in general is, arguably the most popular animated movie after Lion King, Pixar, and 12 years of inflation, and you think it's only going to increase by $10M?