kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

I have a feeling its Wonder Woman that gets to be the first DC film after MoS 2 but I'd be just as happy If it is the Flash,50 years is a big milestone and if you have a movie coming out, its serves as publicity for a film as most if not all areas of media will cover it, before Skyfall came out, it was mentioned that it was the 50th anniversary creating awareness for the film.

I think Bond has a wider appeal than ST, wasn't only 50th that helped Bond. If ST can get 2015 that would be great with a 2014 start.

have you looked at 2015 as a whole?!   it's going to be the biggest most competitive year at the BO in film history!

Star Wars 7 comes out in the summer. that alone is a guaranteed hit, but not only that the original cast is returning.. J.J. Abrams is directing it.. this could challenge Avatar for highest grossing film of all time..they could move to 2016 still but Disney seems pretty set on getting it out by 2015 at the least it's making $500m at the most.. ???

the Avengers 2 comes out may 1st also 

Avatar 2.. is expected to released in December..

Mockingjay Part 2, The Fantastic Four, Finding Dory, Bond 24, inside out, peanuts, Warcraft, Assissin's creed, Kung Fu Panda 3. 

the list goes on and on.. I really Am looking forward to Ant-Man and is probably my most anticipated film of Nov. but it might have to move.. maybe to October.. 

Edited by Kalo21
  • Like 1

With a 130M-150M budget, 300M-350M WW would be good. Definitely can 40/120/320.

Yeah, against Bond, Hunger Games, Peanuts and Dory I don't think that is going to happen.

Don't underestimate Peanuts, it's a much, much stronger brand than The Smurfs and even that made 142m (with a crappy movie nonetheless) 

Is this that popular in the US? Weren't people talking about great things for the last WinnieThePooh movie?

umm... isn't Mission Impossible 5 scheduled for 2015?

A big yes for this one! I already see the marketing with all these "5"...

It's not going to stay at 400 m for three more movies.

So true! We could even see 1 400 & 3 300...

It's not like Avatar 2 is coming out in December. That month is fairly open.

By the way, is there even an official statement about Avatar2 not being ready for december 15?

December 2016 puts it SEVEN years after the first. Talk about a gap for a first sequel...

Yeah, against Bond, Hunger Games, Peanuts and Dory I don't think that is going to happen.

Why not? Which part, the OW? 2012, BDII vs Skyfall (2nd; 41M) vs Ralph (3rd; 18M). May 2013: Fast 6 (97M), THIII (41M), Epic (33M), you can't write it any better. Multiplier, even with heavy competition a 3X wouldn't be hard to accomplish.

Edited by Neo

Don't underestimate ANT-MAN.. It's going to be a surprise hit..

If Marvel didn't have the success it has recently, I would be worried about Ant-Man, but at the moment I think Marvel is kind of bulletproof with their releases, so Ant-Man will probably do okay, but I won't be that surprised really

Ant-Man should move. Other than that I believe MJ and Finding Dory can co-exist on the month. Dory got a very great prime spot at Thanksgiving so it better not move. MJ can probably move a week earlier if that slot is vacant to give some breathing space for both movies.

MY PROJECTED SCHEDULE

April 17: Mission Impossible 5

April 24: TBA

May 1: The Avengers 2

May 8:  TBA

May 15: Snow White and the Huntsman Part 2

May 22: Star Wars Episode VII 

May 29: TBA

June 5: B.O.O: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations

June 10: World War Z2

June 12: Jurassic Park IV

June 19: Inside Out