A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Xiayun:

"The new number shows a higher midnight: 21.78m yuan ($3.41m), basically on par with TF4. The pre-sale for the rest of the day is already at 59.6m yuan for a total of 81.4m. Given it's opening on a Sunday comparing to TF4's Friday and Avengers 2's Tuesday, think it's on track to pass those two and be the second biggest opening day ever behind Furious 7.

• Like 2

Looks like T5 is a lock for 500+ mm WW with China surprising everyone and hitting 200m+! 

Wow. I certainly didn't see this coming.

BOM already listed 2 sequels by PAR in 2018 and 2019.

Can T5 beat MI5 and Minions in China? Well now it seems very, very likely.

• Like 1

That's a number from EntGroup's realtime site m.cbooo.com...they can be way off...

Xiayun:

"The new number shows a higher midnight: 21.78m yuan ($3.41m), basically on par with TF4. The pre-sale for the rest of the day is already at 59.6m yuan for a total of 81.4m. Given it's opening on a Sunday comparing to TF4's Friday and Avengers 2's Tuesday, think it's on track to pass those two and be the second biggest opening day ever behind Furious 7.

Wow!

Now I also start to think it could be on par with M:I or at least not far behind. Probably M:I will have the better WOM but why should T5 have a bad one? It's still at 6.9 at imdb and has a 3.6/5 voting on allociné and about the same or even better on German websites so why should it be unpopular in China?

Plus I remember Expendables 3 having 12T+ presales (Chinese evening time on Sunday, so one day before the release) and T5 had ten times as much on gewara at the same time. So who knows.

Edited by el sid

Xiayun:

I still see 13m. IDK about 21.m for MN. The presales for the day are half for some local films, like YA , triple for others and HLWD. That should  bring the day in at 180m +MN  +/-10%.  200m/1B possible

T5 running at 9m per hour, that usually stays consistent thru 2000-2100. Time to tighten the estimate, I say, with MN, 175m +/-5%

MH looking at it first  ever 50% w/o/w drop today,-40% for the weekend, should sure up during the week. 390m still locked

TMK mite still hold better than -40% today.  -30% for the weekend. 1B still in play

Edited by M F Lawrence
  • Like 2

SUNDAY ESTIMATES

Terminator 5 - 156M/170M

Tumor - 22.2M/422M

MH - 10.8M/2328M

TMK  - 4.4M/936M

850 mill yuan is the target then...

If WOM is decent to okay a sequel in 2 years could do 200-250 mill $..

Thats 50-62,5 mill in the pocket to the studio...

If they can keep the budget around 150 mill i can't see why they a 2nd movie won't happen