A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

2 minutes ago, StephenN18 said:

I've seen much worse drops, I'm hoping it's not that bad, but just thinking it will do $3 million minimum. I based it on what everyone is saying about Warcraft dominating all the screens.

It will still get around 20% screens i think. My guess is 20-25 mill yuan on wed. But im far from sure on this

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Guys, don't forget to say how much a movie is doing in dollars :sadben: 

39 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Could you tell that to the guys in the Japan thread??? i have given up on that thread with all their japanese words, numbers ect

This is baby stuff compared to 

And you can also tell that in the Australian thread.

Come on, there are plenty of Currency Calculators on the net.

Edited by A District 3 Engineer

Just now, No Prisoners said:

Presales on XMA down 50%, but omorrow evening will play like a Friday and walk ups will be stronger. 

Great, so $100 million should be locked? Is there any chance it will gross higher than DOFP at $116 million? 

3 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

And you can also tell that in the Australian thread.

Come on, there are plenty of Currency Calculators on the net.

People don't write in Chinese here. Check the other thread and tell me its the same

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StephenN18 said:

Great, so $100 million should be locked? Is there any chance it will gross higher than DOFP at $116 million? 

If it does 20m tomorrow as PS suggest and bumps a little on Thursday, then yes 657m/ $100m locked.  If WC fades out of the gate then XMA gets screens back fast and has a shot at beating DoFP with the WoM it has.

• Like 2

Anyone have updated presales numbers for Warcraft? Both mid night and opening day? Wondering how far off from Furious 7 presales. And what time does the first midnight shows start? Is it 7PM like in the US/Can or 12 AM June 8th

47 minutes ago, StephenN18 said:

Are pre-sales important in China, I thought they were low for X Men until the movie came out and did better than expected numbers? I can't see it dropping massively, I'm thinking about 50% to $3 million. Do you think that's possible?

PS are a good indicator most of the  time. XMA was a rare example. Less than 1 in 10 movies have great WOM and out perform the PS multi and expectations all together. 

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

Just now, tesjkg44 said:

Anyone have updated presales numbers for Warcraft? Both mid night and opening day? Wondering how far off from Furious 7 presales. And what time does the first midnight shows start? Is it 7PM like in the US/Can or 12 AM June 8th

maoyan has it at almost 44m midnights and 91m OD minus midnights. May be with actuals it will get midnight record but no way its breaking OD record.

20 minutes ago, tesjkg44 said:

Shows start at MN. 

FF7 MN 52.4m

OD 343m

WC MN @  47.5m @ 2230. I think it'll get record.