A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

8 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

43m. its very good and MN is pretty damn good. First 1B movie of the summer maybe

Oh. I read the numbers wrong. Kinda concerned it would beat Mermaid's record but now I'm relieved.

This will be Jing Boran's second huge summer movie. I came across some reviews and it seems on par with what I expected - bad movie, bad effects and bad acting. But it's a very popular IP so it's gonna do good in the B.O.

Edited by Polaroids
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

43m. its very good and MN is pretty damn good. First 1B movie of the summer maybe

Not midnights, 4-hour previews.

WOM is awful.

Edited by Olive

1 minute ago, MinaTakla said:

So @Olive and @No Prisoners- now that we have Pet's first 4 day performance, where do you think is it heading in local currency by the end of its run?

Will make 75-80 on weekends, 185-190M by Sunday.

Next two weeks, no direct competition, 350M is locked IMO.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Olive said:

Friday numbers
Time Raiders 163m/202m

Sweet Sixteen 45m/51m
SLOP 21.1m/111m
Skiptrace 6.1m/829m
LOG 1.55m/275m (-98% LOL)
Tarzan  0.4m/302m

Great OD for The Lost Tomb

LoG is the biggest flop of all time, those huge casts can't save the movie.  

Wu Jing's  martial art movie will release next week. should be a hit? presale is kinda low though. 

44 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

So @Olive and @No Prisoners- now that we have Pet's first 4 day performance, where do you think is it heading in local currency by the end of its run?

Like what olive said. Nothing big opening next week but there will be a bit of screen loss. 350  will probably happen. I thought it would be a runner with that audience score though and no comp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

Great OD for The Lost Tomb

LoG is the biggest flop of all time, those huge casts can't save the movie.  

Wu Jing's  martial art movie will release next week. should be a hit? presale is kinda low though. 

That's not a Wu Jing movie. He is cameo at best. Plus it was supposed to be out Aug 19 but escaped(changed release date) due to Bourne and Ice Age. 

Same as Chinese Odyssey, also stars Wu Jing.. Aug 19 but moved to Sept. Movies starring Wu Jing tend to chsnge release dates often.. eg the first Wolf Warriors.. changed a couple of times. Lack of confidence.

3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

That's not a Wu Jing movie. He is cameo at best. Plus it was supposed to be out Aug 19 but escaped(changed release date) due to Bourne and Ice Age. 

Same as Chinese Odyssey, also stars Wu Jing.. Aug 19 but moved to Sept. Movies starring Wu Jing tend to chsnge release dates often.. eg the first Wolf Warriors.. changed a couple of times. Lack of confidence.

Jeffrey Lau needs to know when to let something go. No one will ever top Stephen Chow's performance as Monkey King in the previous Chinese Odysseys. He should let the series rest gracefully. Instead he filmed a movie and now a drama starring the blandest of actors.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Jeffrey Lau needs to know when to let something go. No one will ever top Stephen Chow's performance as Monkey King in the previous Chinese Odysseys. He should let the series rest gracefully. Instead he filmed a movie and now a drama starring the blandest of actors.

I think the male lead in drama version is fine. I remember I watched his martial art performance on the tv show and he did it pretty good. But for comedy, it would be very hard on him. If audience want to enjoy the show, they shouldn't compare him to legendary Stephen Chow. As you said no one will ever reach his level. Can't imagine how Han Geng's performance.  

13 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Since he is the only one actor who can do martial art in this movie, I would pretend that he has big role lol. I think the casting need to be more careful.

4 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

I think the male lead in drama version is fine. I remember I watched his martial art performance on the tv show and he did it pretty good. But for comedy, it would be very hard on him. If audience want to enjoy the show, they shouldn't compare him to legendary Stephen Chow. As you said no one will ever reach his level. Can't imagine how Han Geng's performance.  

Since he is the only one actor who can do martial art in this movie, I would pretend that he has big role lol. I think the casting need to be more careful.

His martial arts is nothing but angling and show. Not much substance, technique or art. He's no Donnie Yen. The dude is also a huge drama queen which is a big turn off. Not a fan of Hangeng but he's not a bad actor so at least there's that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

His martial arts is nothing but angling and show. Not much substance, technique or art. He's no Donnie Yen. The dude is also a huge drama queen which is a big turn off. Not a fan of Hangeng but he's not a bad actor so at least there's that.

I don't expect much since he is still young. I believe he was born in 1993. All I can see is he has some talent related to martial art. As an idol, he was mainly trained on making music, singing and dancing. If he gets martial art training, at least he will be better than his peers. And that kind of drama doesn't need professional martial art actor tbh. 

• Like 1