A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I can't represent general attitude now,but as far as I saw ,Flash got a really great WOM here,everybody who watched the movie called this is 'one of the best superhero movie of all-time',if the movie really great as they said,$80m in China is my target.

Edited by Sophia Jane

1 hour ago, Sophia Jane said:

I can't represent general attitude now,but as far as I saw ,Flash got a really great WOM here,everybody who watched the movie called this is 'one of the best superhero movie of all-time',if the movie really great as they said,$80m in China is my target.

DC breakout would be weird but not shocking. Hope it can get 2 clean weeks of run before MI7 clobbers everything. I am not feeling Indy in China. 

My personal best CBM movie

1 The Dark Knight

2 Watchmen

3 Spider-man 2

4 Joker

5 Spider-man

6 The Dark Knight Rise

7 Capitan America:Winter Solider 

8 Spider-man:No way home(for nostalgia)

9 Iron man

10 Avengers:Infinity War

Hope Flash at least be Spider-man 2 level,then $80m is safe belt,If Flash as good as the Dark Knight,$100m+ is doable.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 6:07 AM, Sophia Jane said:

Check the history of DC in China,really terrible,almost no movie performence good except Aquaman and Christopher Reeve’s first Superman.

They did intentionally screw The Dark Knight rises making it release the same day as The Amazing Spider-Man though. The Dark Knight was before China's mega expansion as well. But generally yes, I agree they tend to underperform relative to marvel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

They did intentionally screw The Dark Knight rises making it release the same day as The Amazing Spider-Man though. The Dark Knight was before China's mega expansion as well. But generally yes, I agree they tend to underperform relative to marvel. 

Funny thing is Aquaman is the biggest Non-Avengers CBM film here in term of box office,Reeve’s Superman is biggest Non-Avengers CBM film in term of admission.