A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

16 minutes ago, sgchn40 said:

Tribes and Empire is a tv drama?!?!?! Wow!!!!

Yes, I did also say WOW!!! after watching its trailer, such a high quality drama. I think it was inspired by the high quality of Nirvana in Fire.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lihongkim said:

you mean BvS would earn more than Ip Man 3 before April arrives? It releases on March. 25, so its leg is in April. If so, it would be a huge success for BvS. I think even without faking its BO, Ip Man 3 is still in successful term. 

Hide contents

Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy released trailer. If anyone is being curious to know what's going on in C-drama world after the big success of Nirvana in Fire.

That show could be the next hit C-drama...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

BvS may earn $100m in China within first 7 days.That’s the best situation.Ip Man 3 is not in my consideration because there is a rumor said the fake part will be cut.

Oh! Good to BvS then. Actually no need to lift this & drop that. It is just our own bias. I found it's not weird in this forum where >90% bias to...

I really wish that rumor is true. I'm curious to know the actual number of Ip Man 3. Anything > BvS's 7 days is superb. 

55 minutes ago, firedeep said:

That show could be the next hit C-drama...

No doubt. Anything similar/equal/over NiF is a big storm. 

11 minutes ago, Lihongkim said:

Oh! Good to BvS then. Actually no need to lift this & drop that. It is just our own bias. I found it's not weird in this forum where >90% bias to...

I really wish that rumor is true. I'm curious to know the actual number of Ip Man 3. Anything > BvS's 7 days is superb. 

I wanna see the real number too…If the rumor is real,I think Ip Man 3 will get a disappointing number which is worse than no faking.

My prediction of BvS in China is $130M(Final) because MoS didn’t do well in 2013 and no HLW film did well after Jurassic World.I heard some news that premiere of China won’t show the whole film,but the day after tomorrow will hold a showing for critic and media,so I may change my number based on the preview.

4 hours ago, Olive said:

Monster Hunt was only fudged $3M in order to claim all time #1 movie.

But about $20M Ip Man 3's OW was cheating...

MH is lucky enough that it was fudged along with Bai tuan da Zhan.No matter how small number,MH was fudged.MH is not all time 1# one moment.It's all fake.

46 minutes ago, Lihongkim said:

I wish s.o will spread the rumor that The Mermaid's box office was fudged too.

Mermaid is already all time 1#.They don't need to do so.I don't like Mermaid.I don't want to Fudge like IP3 and MU ruin every film

Edited by bangbingchan

On 3/6/2016 at 1:18 AM, firedeep said:

pretty much all confirmed.

Why do you think Apr is more interesting than Mar ? It's pretty weak between Apr 8 and Apr 29 IMO.

Some of those Apr 29 movies should move their release dates earlier. April seems pretty empty at the beginning. And Civil War is going to end up taking over a week later anyway.

18 minutes ago, Lihongkim said:

I wish s.o will spread the rumor that The Mermaid's box office was fudged too.

Why? Mermaid got to #1 without any weird business.

9 minutes ago, Olive said:

Thursday est

Zootopia 43.4M/347M

IPM3 26.4M/642M

MERMAID 6.6M/3336M

Great so in the end it stayed more or less flat from Wednesday. Hey Friday presales are more than doubled of Thursday at the same time, do you think gross will double as well or that's too much to ask?

Just on Monday, some were still doubting $100m for ZOO, but now, after 5 days, it looks $100m could be done by this Sunday, day 10. If it's at 650m+ ($100m) by the end of coming Sunday, I would say it will easily cross 1B (i.e. doing a 350m week) by the next Sunday. on track for $200m without extension.

I don't see BVS making 1B without Qingming holiday, but since it has the holiday, 1B can not be ruled out yet. But even if it does 1B, I think it will barely do it. no confidence at all in Zack & DC; GA prefer Marvel than DC's dark and serious tone.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, firedeep said:

Just on Monday, some were still doubting $100m for ZOO, but now, after 5 days, it looks $100m could be done by this Sunday, day 10. If it's at 650m+ ($100m) by the end of coming Sunday, I would say it will easily cross 1B (i.e. doing a 350m week) by the next Sunday. on track for $200m without extension.

I don't see BVS making 1B without Qingming holiday, but since it has the holiday, 1B can not be ruled out yet. But even if it does 1B, I think it will barely do it. no confidence at all in Zack & DC; GA prefer Marvel than DC's dark and serious tone.

Could Zooptopia beat CW in China? 

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

It may have a chance if asCW is the next AOU or worse...

CCW will earn $35M at least on the first day no matter when it will open

Really, that would be great for CW especially with Friday opening. It could be looking at 100M OW and 250M total and with great WOM maybe even 300M.