A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I don't know how TE2 got a China release. It sure as hell wasn't because it was partly set in China because the Chinese Censors cut the part that gives credit to "Hubei Province". Must have been for Yu Nan and Jet Li, but there must be another reason. It was part-filmed in Hong Kong, but again, China wouldn't care about that. Must be financial that I am not aware of.

The first one did over $30 million in China. That didn't smash records, but it was just enough to put it in that year's top 10, and China was its second-biggest market behind the U.S. There's a reason the producers tried to set the sequel up as a full co-production -- which didn't work out, but as firedeep noted, it was still a co-production. Even if it wasn't, China loves franchises as much as anyone else (just look at page one if you don't believe me), and I'm sure it would've come out anyway. If Taken 2 can come out in China with no Chinese production involvement, I see no reason The Expendables 2 couldn't have done the same. Edited by Bob Violence

Some interesting note:Taken 2 is Liam Neeson's FIFTH show up on China's screens this year alone. It is also Neeson's 13th release in China. Neeson now has the second most movies released in China, only after Cage (including two animations) with 14. Neeson will be #1 soon.

Some interesting note:

Taken 2 is Liam Neeson's FIFTH show up on China's screens this year alone. It is also Neeson's 13th release in China. Neeson now has the second most movies released in China, only after Cage (including two animations) with 14. Neeson will be #1 soon.

This year Neeson has been in Wrath of the Titans, Taken 2, Battleship and The Dark Knight Rises. What other Neeson film came out in China?