A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Damn! so am I to understand that at this rate MOS won't even make 20 mill in china?

It will its already at 8mil Messi.. :) I think..lol. Anyway Ive heard that before

that this film wont make this and that and it makes way over what someone from China stated.

Lol Avatar is one small example. Had a lot of folks say its looking like 50-60 max there.

And we all know Avatar pretty much doubled those predicts. I feel confident Superman

will make more than 20M in China. :0)

Edited by Superman001

It will its already at 8mil Messi.. :) I think..lol. Anyway Ive heard that before

that this film wont make this and that and it makes way over what someone from China stated.

Lol Avatar is one small example. Had a lot of folks say its looking like 50-60 max there.

And we all know Avatar pretty much doubled those predicts. I feel confident Superman

will make more than 20M in China. :0)

No I meant 20 million USD total. But I guess we'll just have to wait till this weekend.

Edited by messipotamia

Of course it'll make $20m. Anything less than 50-60 would be a huge letdown if STID can do $55m with far lower brand recognition. You can't compare MoS midnights to IM3 because IM3 opened on a holiday and MoS isn't. Plenty of people who might've gone to a midnight screening of MoS aren't going to do it if they have to be up in the morning for work.

Edited by Bob Violence
  • Like 1

Of course it'll make $20m. Anything less than 50-60 would be a huge letdown if STID can do $55m with far lower brand recognition. You can't compare MoS midnights to IM3 because IM3 opened on a holiday and MoS isn't. Plenty of people who might've gone to a midnight screening of MoS aren't going to do it if they have to be up in the morning for work.

Thanks Bob.. Learning more and more about the Chinese BO from you all .:) I suspected that there is no way

MOS would just drop flat and make only 20M total for similar reasons. When lesser films like

STID are doing huge numbers, no way with all the planning and MOS being loved by asian territorries should

it tank in CHina. :) Im hoping for 75-100+ in china Bob. What do you see max for it there?

I saw henry cavill and zack today!!!!!  They were so damn cool !!!!!  I'm going to watch this movie again and again!  P.S: I really hope your guys can see my pics of henry making funny faces after I figure out how to post pics on this god damn website...I sent them to some henry fans websites already/

I saw henry cavill and zack today!!!!!  They were so damn cool !!!!!  I'm going to watch this movie again and again!  P.S: I really hope your guys can see my pics of henry making funny faces after I figure out how to post pics on this god damn website...I sent them to some henry fans websites already/

You can upload pics to another website and then post them here ....