A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

With around 85~$90M, it could hit (or miss) yearly 2013 top 10. But not top 7.

Not for a Hollywood movie..I think it may end up in top 3...which will be absolutely amazing.

What are the other upcoming hollywood movies this year which have potential to perform like/better than PR for the rest of the year?

Not for a Hollywood movie..I think it may end up in top 3...which will be absolutely amazing.

What are the other upcoming hollywood movies this year which have potential to perform like/better than PR for the rest of the year?

I dont think so. PR (550M range) will be #2 Hollywood movie of 2013 behind IM3 (753M). It is a weak year for Hollywood. 2015 will be a strong one.

I dont think so. PR (550M range) will be #2 Hollywood movie of 2013 behind IM3 (753M). It is a weak year for Hollywood. 2015 will be a strong one.

2015 with TA:AoU & SW7 destroying everything in their paths.

2015 would prob'ly end up with only those 2 movies as "hits"  :D

Much more. 2015: KFP3 > TA2 > SW7 >MI5 > POTC5 > WOW > ID4 2 >100M, if they all happen.

MI4 is a gigantic hit because of the Dubai skyscraper scene. PIRATES5 is not likely to be as big as the others.

ID4 without Will Smith is like, well, they might as well cast his son. WOW is not popular in China, so this will do

CLASH OF TITANS number. But you are right abt KFP3. I almost forgot that one. Chine loves their pandas as

ass-kicking heroes, and Dreamworks is the smartest studio in Hollywood to get on China's good side

MI4 is a gigantic hit because of the Dubai skyscraper scene. PIRATES5 is not likely to be as big as the others.

ID4 without Will Smith is like, well, they might as well cast his son. WOW is not popular in China, so this will do

CLASH OF TITANS number. But you are right abt KFP3. I almost forgot that one. Chine loves their pandas as

ass-kicking heroes, and Dreamworks is the smartest studio in Hollywood to get on China's good side

MI4 did 100M+ in 2012. Here sequels almost never decrease. Even WOTT almost stayed flat despite T3D took all its screens one week later. 100M is the floor for MI5, regardless of the quality. Target should be 1B yuan or 160M+. Even GIJ3 will do close to 100M (80M at least) in 2015.

ID4 sequel will be massive here, with or without Will Smith. So will be JP4.

WoW IS popular here. Crazily popular. 100M is floor. And Legendary will likely coproduce this one with CFC.

POTC5 will easily do 100M+. POTC4 did 70M+ in 2011. POTC4 bad wom wont matter much.

Edited by firedeep

MI4 did 100M+ in 2012. Here sequels almost never decrease. Even WOTT almost stayed flat despite T3D took all its screens one week later. 100M is the floor for MI5, regardless of the quality. Target should be 1B yuan or 160M+. Even GIJ3 will do close to 100M (80M at least) in 2015.

ID4 sequel will be massive here, with or without Will Smith. So will be JP4.

WoW IS popular here. Crazily popular. 100M is floor. And Legendary will likely coproduce this one with CFC.

POTC5 will easily do 100M+. POTC4 did 70M+ in 2011. POTC4 bad wom wont matter much.

Well, I stand corrected!

• Like 1

Johnny Depp's 'Lone Ranger' China trip postponed
July 7, 2013, 9:15 AM EST

Johnny Depp's planned trip to China to promote his latest movie "The Lone Ranger" has been cancelled as studio producers scramble to pin down a release date in the country.

The actor and his co-star Armie Hammer were due to fly to China July 15,  but the visit has been postponed because Disney execs still do not know when the adventure blockbuster will open there.

Director Gore Verbinski and producer Jerry Bruckheimer were also set to go along on the promotional trip to China, where government officials are known for placing strict regulations on the films that can be screened.

A statement issued to TheWrap.com reads, "As part of their promotional activities for The Lone Ranger, Johnny Depp and producer Jerry Bruckheimer plan to visit China in early September closer to an expected release date."

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=816750