A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Why do Chinese moviegoers care about Escape Plan?  Wasn't Western media negligible when Arnold and Sly were actually relevant?

As Olive says, star power I guess. Not to mention EP actually is not bad. It is just very 80s. Next year TE3 could do $70m+. TE2 did $53m with a very bad slot.

Half of current Chinese movie goers (over 30 years old) grew up watching Arnod and Sly anction movies in video halls in the 1990s. The guys they just mean something.

Worst legs ever? For a big release I mean.

Nope. It is one of the worst, but not the worst.

Holding Love, a local rom-com that released on 2012 Chinese Valentine Day (8.23), is still unbeatable. It had a 23M OD but only did 46M total.

Edited by firedeep

As Olive says, star power I guess. Not to mention EP actually is not bad. It is just very 80s. Next year TE3 could do $70m+. TE2 did $53m with a very bad slot.

Holding Love, a local rom-com that released on Chinese Valentine Day (8.23), is still unbeatable. It had a 23M OD but only did 46M total.

TE3 will make more money in China than Domestic...

• Like 1

True Lies was big in 1994,no?

It was #1 in 1995 (released here in 1995).

It was the first 100M+ RMB Hollywood grosser in China.

It (102m) was the first and one of the only two 100M+ RMB grosser in the whole 1990s.

It hold the post-1994 boxoffice/admission record for three years till Titanic in 1998.

And it (15 million) had been the second most attended movie since 1998 until in 2009 (TF2 and 2012 should have got close) or 2010 !

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 1

EP earning $40M in China  will be nice.

That is 600 million middle class population

will bring to you. Hollywood should court

Chinese audience more. And smartly.

Instead of doing offensive Asian caricatures like

Mr Chow from TH series.

TH isn't the kind of film meant for the Chinese market anyway, Mr Chow or not.

Half of current Chinese movie goers (over 30 years old) grew up watching Arnod and Sly anction movies in video halls in the 1990s. The guys they just mean something.

Holding Love, a local rom-com that released on 2012 Chinese Valentine Day (8.23), is still unbeatable. It had a 23M OD but only did 46M total.

No wonder Algren moved to China then, to be with his people :P.  TE3 will definitely do more in China than domestically then.

• Like 1

No wonder Algren moved to China then, to be with his people :P.  TE3 will definitely do more in China than domestically then.

Lol ...  :lol:

But hey Shenzhen (where Algren lives supposedly) is an amazing city among all its buddies in China. It is a very young, vibrant and promising place (the average age of inhabitants there is only 30). Also it is the 4th biggest box office market behind Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. The rates there are crazy though ...

Lol ...  :lol:

But hey Shenzhen (where Algren lives supposedly) is an amazing city among all its buddies in China. It is a very young, vibrant and promising place (the average age of inhabitants there is only 30). Also it is the 4th biggest box office market behind Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. The rates there are crazy though ...

Shenzhen is part of Guangzhou

Shenzhen is part of Guangzhou

Shenzhen and Guangzhou are two huge and modern cities in Guangdong Province.  (Don't get confuses between Guangzhou and Guangdong.)

Guangzhou is the capital and largest city of Guangdong Province.  

Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Guangzhou all are huge and modern cities.

Edited by deep mama
  • Like 1

Shenzhen and Guangzhou are two huge cities in Guangdong Province.  

Guangzhou is the capital and largest city of Guangdong Province.  

Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Guangzhou all are huge and modern cities.

Sorry, my bad. I am saying is China has changed a lot.

It is no longer a backward, agrarian country.

Shenzhen is an exciting modern city now.

I am not from China.  China has changed a lot.  Almost every western countries(UK is a very good example) are now tuming to China for " MONEY".   China sits on the world's largest foreign exchange reserves. Many people view Beijing's $3.66tn ($1tn=$1000 billion) cash pile.  That’s more than the combined reserves of the four runners-up: Japan, the euro zone, Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.

China, also the biggest foreign creditor of the United States.

http://qz.com/135340/chinas-central-bank-now-has-3-66-trillion-in-foreign-reserves-but-whered-it-come-from/

Edited by deep mama
  • Like 1

Between, No need to say sorry as I think you got confuses between Guangzhou and Guangdong as you said Shenzhen is part of Guangzhou.   :lol: 

• Like 1