A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

WARNER BROS

Warner Bros Pictures International’s Edge Of Tomorrowcrossed $200m thanks to a $21.5m session from 65 markets.

Edge pulled in $4.8m from 2,130 in China for $60.2m after three sessions. 

Godzilla grossed $15m from 57 markets for $282.4m and ranked second in its second weekend in China on $14m from approximately 6,200 screens to climb to a powerful $68.1m.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/maleficent-rules-intl-on-44m/5073414.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

• Like 1

Olive, which chart are you looking at?  The En database suggests that as of Sat in real time numbers DOFP was some 2.5M RMB away from beating Cap 2.

These numbers say DOFP did 1.13m on Sunday. Add that to the 718.6m Entgroup had it at through Saturday and you get 719.73m. Entgroup might end up reporting a different Sunday figure, but according to this, Entgroup had CA2's total at 718.9m, so DOFP only needs 300-400k on Sunday to pass it. (People who were pulling for CA2 can take solace in the fact that CA2 apparently had 28 screening days instead of 30; I assume it lost all of its last remaining screens to the May Day releases.)

Edit: Looks like the "Saturday" figures from Entgroup were actually for Sunday...not sure where the error was (probably on my end). So it appears DOFP finished 300k below CA2 by Entgroup's numbers, but there might be another set out there.
Edited by Bob Violence

Its surprising Tom Cruise has never fully embraced the Chinese market. The international market has saved him in recent years and it would make perfect sense for him to be the one setting movies in China and having premieres there. An all out publicity offensive for Edge would have made its chinese box office even higher even though its obviously done well. I do remember MI3s finale was filmed in China but I think theres a real opportunity for someone like Cruise who still has a real star aura internationally to capitalise on the big asian markets. Something like a same date release for MI5 in South Korea, Japan and China with premieres in all 3 countries amd maybe some tv appearances could work wonders for box office.

EoT final fig from china will be around 70M.......im sure if ther was no godzilla in 2nd weekend it wud hav grossed more

What do you expect for Godzilla Superstancer. I disagree with my good buddy FM pro.. . I still feel Godzilla might creep to 90M-100M

What percent you give Godzilla for 90 and 100M marks?

By how much? Cant be much

Hey FM pro buddy are you in China :-)???  Why do you feel Prime will blow Godzilla away my friend and glad your stating thats its great number for Godzilla.. Still you cant say it didnt live up to its potential when one of the biggest  China monsters is about to debut :P.. Godzilla would have made 120-150+ if not for transformers and xmen..Those are massive behemoths good buddy. :) A lesser film would die a quick death. I hope your wrong though and Godzilla creeps to 90m or more :D