Pompeii ~August 15th

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes ~August 29th

The Expendables 3 ~September 1st

Divergent ~September 8th

Into the Storm ~September 12th

Lucy ~September TBD

Guardians of the Galaxy ~ October 10th

• Like 2

Some release datesHow to Train Your Dragon II ~ August 14thPompeii ~August 15thDawn of the Planet of the Apes ~August 29thThe Expendables 3 ~September 1stDivergent ~September 8thInto the Storm ~September 12thLucy ~September TBDGuardians of the Galaxy ~ October 10th

Given this schedule, I expect HTTYD2, POTA, TE3, GOTG all doing business in 400-500m range.

I think TE3 is going to do more. Are there any big local movies coming out after the protection month?

"Sep 30th: Xin Hua Lu Fang (700~800m)

Director Ning Hao's latest road comedy. The first full cast (Ning Hao, Xu Zheng, Huang Bo, Guo Tao) reunion since 2006's breakthrough comedy Crazy Stone. Fully backed by CFGC, this is the movie to watch through National Day holidays. Everyone thins it should bump its release date one or two days earlier (like Sep 26 or 27) but somehow Ning Hao himself insists on Sep 30." - firedeep

KATCH 22, do you enjoy the protection month? :D

• Like 1

"Sep 30th: Xin Hua Lu Fang (700~800m)

Director Ning Hao's latest road comedy. The first full cast (Ning Hao, Xu Zheng, Huang Bo, Guo Tao) reunion since 2006's breakthrough comedy Crazy Stone. Fully backed by CFGC, this is the movie to watch through National Day holidays. Everyone thins it should bump its release date one or two days earlier (like Sep 26 or 27) but somehow Ning Hao himself insists on Sep 30." - firedeep

KATCH 22, do you enjoy the protection month? :D

Not really.. Partly because no films have actually broken any kind of records but mostly because I can't wait to see how much the other anticipated Hollywood films are going to make. I know the other markets are important too but right now China has become THE market (apart from DOM) that can make a huge different to the WW total. :lol:

• Like 1

Not really.. Partly because no films have actually broken any kind of records but mostly because I can't wait to see how much the other anticipated Hollywood films are going to make. I know the other markets are important too but right now China has become THE market (apart from DOM) that can make a huge different to the WW total. :lol:

Protection month is finally over!!! :lol:

Edited by SUPER GIRL

How much we can expect for "Divergent" there?

Well, It is hard to predict.  China Box Office is very strange.  Take "Brick Mansions" as an example, it manages took $21M in just 10 days with around 10% of showtimes ONLY!

Edited by SUPER GIRL
  • Like 1