A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

China Box Office Drops To $4.4B In 2022 Amid Covid Swings, Lack Of Product

China’s box office in 2022 dropped 36% versus 2021, reaching a little over RMB 30B ($4.35B). According to Chinese state media, citing figures from the China Film Administration, 85% of the 2022 revenue was generated by local movies, led by The Battle at Lake Changjin II with RMB 4.07B ($636M at historical rates, per comScore). This past weekend, James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water became the highest-grossing studio import of the year, overtaking Jurassic World Dominion with an estimated $152.8M through Sunday.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/china-box-office-2022-covid-avatar-hollywood-1235209768/

Edited by kayumanggi

49 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

China Box Office Drops To $4.4B In 2022 Amid Covid Swings, Lack Of Product

China’s box office in 2022 dropped 36% versus 2021, reaching a little over RMB 30B ($4.35B). According to Chinese state media, citing figures from the China Film Administration, 85% of the 2022 revenue was generated by local movies, led by The Battle at Lake Changjin II with RMB 4.07B ($636M at historical rates, per comScore). This past weekend, James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water became the highest-grossing studio import of the year, overtaking Jurassic World Dominion with an estimated $152.8M through Sunday.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/china-box-office-2022-covid-avatar-hollywood-1235209768/

March-May were dead months. A Failed National Day. Underwhelming Spring Festival. November Strike.

Well, on the positive note, good to see domestic Share. Bt, need to relax Import Work regulations in release approval.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Monday is hoilday,what impressive is today probably flat from last Tues

do you use maoyan to track? The website keeps crashing for me when I try to use to dashboard and the app is similar/I cant translate it to english 

4 minutes ago, shruth said:

do you use maoyan to track? The website keeps crashing for me when I try to use to dashboard and the app is similar/I cant translate it to english 

I use it,but I can’t solve your problem,I don’t know why is it

Edited by Bruce