A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

So if RE5 has made $14.8 million in 1 week, then why will it miss $20 million? Is it because of Oz, surely it won't lose loads of 3D screens will it? Because the way it's going, it has the potential to gross around $30 million.

$14.8M after 8 days. Will die soon. Poor legs + Jack and OZ take away 3D screens.

FMR Sunday is BIGGER than Saturday. It won the week with nearly 80M. Will win next week too easily.

WHAT A BEAST !

Say:

week 1 80m

week 2 100m

week 3 60m

week 4 20m

that's 270M+ total for a low budget romance.

The Chef The Acto The Scoundrel, opens this Friday, is another local film to do big. Expecting it to beat OZ which opens the same day.

FMR Sunday is BIGGER than Saturday. It won the week with nearly 80M. Will win next week too easily.

WHAT A BEAST !

Say:

week 1 80m

week 2 100m

week 3 60m

week 4 20m

that's 270M+ total for a low budget romance.

The Chef The Acto The Scoundrel, opens this Friday, is another local film to do big. Expecting it to beat OZ which opens the same day.

Really stunning. I'm going to see FMR this week. Everyone said it's good.

What is FMR?BTW, POLYLOVE, thank you for all your recommendations. I watched a few movies so far and enjoyed them all. Here's to more ^^ All the watching makes me want to start following some Mainland drama/series again. Anything good worth following now? I heard there's a new Tian Long Ba Bu series but its still filming? Loved the 2003 version, my most favorite wuxia TV series of all time. The novel is the best wuxia novel for me too so hoping the new version will do a good job.

What is FMR?BTW, POLYLOVE, thank you for all your recommendations. I watched a few movies so far and enjoyed them all. Here's to more ^^All the watching makes me want to start following some Mainland drama/series again. Anything good worth following now?I heard there's a new Tian Long Ba Bu series but its still filming? Loved the 2003 version, my most favorite wuxia TV series of all time. The novel is the best wuxia novel for me too so hoping the new version will do a good job.

FMR is a recent romance comedy movie. BTW, nowadays most of Chinese drama are not watchable. The new version of Tian Long Ba Bu will be the crap of all time, you'd better not watch it... :ph34r:

Edited by POLYLOVE

Really stunning. I'm going to see FMR this week. Everyone said it's good.

Yeah, FMR is Love is Blind (33天) all over again.

What is FMR?BTW, POLYLOVE, thank you for all your recommendations. I watched a few movies so far and enjoyed them all. Here's to more ^^All the watching makes me want to start following some Mainland drama/series again. Anything good worth following now?I heard there's a new Tian Long Ba Bu series but its still filming? Loved the 2003 version, my most favorite wuxia TV series of all time. The novel is the best wuxia novel for me too so hoping the new version will do a good job.

FMR is this. It stars Wei Tang.

Btw, the new Tian Long Ba Bu is still filming.

$14.8M after 8 days. Will die soon. Poor legs + Jack and OZ take away 3D screens.

Poor legs? I don't think so. The last one only made over $10 million in the first week and this has made over $14 million in a week so this is doing better. Yes, I understand that new 3D films are coming out, which is stupid to release them this close, but still I wouldn't call it poor legs. Especially since the movie has been all over the internet since September, and people have even seen the movie in Chinese stores being played for the public to see.

FMR is a recent romance comedy movie. BTW, nowadays most of Chinese drama are not watchable. The new version of Tian Long Ba Bu will be the crap of all time, you'd better not watch it... :ph34r:

Ah, sad to hear that. I used to watch a lot of period Mainland dramas but then I got busy and had to cut down.

I read a few casting choices for the new Tian Long Ba Bu and it doesn't sound good either. The 2003 version is pretty much perfect in my book so I doubted that this new one can live up to that. And now that you said it will be crap, I think I can trust you  :)

China Box Office Yearly 2012 (As of Sep 23) Rank (#) Title Studio Total Gross (¥) Total Gross ($) Open 1 Titanic 3D Fox ¥975,900,000 $154,904,762 Apr 10 2 画皮2 Huayi ¥726,390,000 $115,300,000 Jun 28 3 Mission Impossible 4 Par. ¥679,180,000 $107,806,349 Jan 28 4 The Avengers BV ¥575,960,000 $91,422,222 May 05 5 Men in Black 3 Sony ¥519,200,000 $82,412,698 May 25 6 Ice Age 4 Fox ¥457,800,000 $72,666,667 Jul 27 7 Journey 2 WB ¥387,840,000 $61,561,905 Feb 10 8 The Dark Knight Rises WB ¥343,600,000 $54,539,683 Aug 2

So is it as of Sep23 or Jan28 (like editing suggests) ?

Edited by Rudolf

Monday:

FMR 14.7M -43% cume 90.2M

JTGS 8.4M NEW

DH5 3.6M -70% CUME 178.7M

RE5 2.7M -75% CUME 97M

Comment:

1. Stunning Monday hold for FMR. It has serious shot at 300M with the way it is going.

2. Poor OD for JTGS. 100M is unreachable with serveral big new releases coming soon. JTGS is the newest victim of the Monday openers. Outside Avatar, all other films opening on Monday so far have either underperformed or flopped. So avoid Monday openings as well as you can.

3. Both FMR and RE5 will cross/reach the 100M mark on Tuesday. And obviously, FMR will do it sooner.

4. Weak post-opening runs continue for DH5 and RE5. The former will end with $35m and the latter will finish with $20M or so.

Just here to report:300M for FMR was way too underestimated.This beast will easily do 400M+ or much more.After 10 days, its OD is still the lowest day of its run. and it is not slowing down at all. instead, it's doing better and better and better. It is life of Pi all over again.Won't surprised even with 500M. OZ is fucked.

Edited by firedeep