riczhang

Riczhang's Year 5 Reviews (Top 25 on Page 5)

Thanks. I can understand why some people would feel the ending is a tad tacked on though it's generally how the novel ended. I kept it in (and made it a bit more even-footed than in the novel) to sort of emphasize that even though the film generally has the America F-Yeah! patriotism, the end reinforces the fact that history is a very, very long chess match and a short-term trade-off in America's favor might not stay that way in the end.

Now for my Top 25. I would like to give this disclaimer first: I have changed my top 25 ranking method this year so the 25 films on this list may not match up with my rating as my ratings are less personally biased (Not that they aren’t ;) ) than my top 25 which is personally biased to which movies I want to see succeed more or just personally like.

And I would also like to mention that the films this year have been quite strong so I'm not completely happy with the list as I would've liked to have about 5-7 more films on the list. However after much consideration I've come probably as close to being happy with the list as I can.

Lastly, I have changed the order of the announcement and will now announce from the longest running time down because funnily enough my number 1 film has the shortest running time on my top 25. :lol:

First up, because they didn't have a running time and so were given a nominal running time of 999 minutes:

18. Nonexistence

&

This is a big one and a surprise given that no one else except for me seems to like it:

10. Killer Husband!

Edited by riczhang

Everyone's copying my unothodox method of doing it that I did last year. Copycats.

I actually wasn't thinking about that. I saw Alfred doing something new, and I felt obliged to do something new as well. :lol: I'm thinking next year I'll do it by MPAA rating, or Alphabetically by Director.

I think I used Empty Hearth's Plot as my template for Worlds Apart. Probably why they clocked in at the same time. Not that the run-time doesn't work for both movies. :lol:

Edited by riczhang

My main Oscar contender is 96min long. :lol:Maybe he had it that way for a reason... :ph34r:

I did say I had to announce descending running time because otherwise my number one film would've been too early on.