#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

Well Baumer can't say we didn't warn him at least. Most of us here kept saying we didn't feel any hype or finale factor for this one. And obviously that was for a reason. There was no finale factor! :giggle:

Opening within 10M of 2 previous installments = no hype to you? This will still end up making 270M+... I am far from a twilight fan but there really is no reason to bash this number.

lol I hope the ow number is lower than 130mil tbh. the reaction from the twihards will be interesting..

The majority of Twihards I met have no clue about the boxoffice, very few people outside of this board do actually. Edited by Nasm99
  • Like 1

Opening within 10M of 2 previous installments = no hype to you? This will still end up making 270M+... I am far from a twilight fan but there really is no reason to bash this number.

Finale factor means that it blows the other movies out of the water on OW. Such as DH2. The fact that it will be the lowest OW of all the sequels by a good margin and it's the finale means there was no finale factor. And there was no hype outside of the core fans either.

sorry man but it it follows the multiplier of the last one it will make less than 250m. For a finale to drop that much from the penultimate installment is just bad
  • Like 1

I am shocked with Bond's hold though. Especially with BD2 underperforming.

Variety has it at 40m+ for the weekend so we'll see. Definitely not a bad hold. Lincoln really broke out though so that'll take some audience away.

Lol, and I see Nikki is clearly stoned into oblivion again judging by her latest update where she says BD2 might "squeak" by the franchise record of BD1's OW. Lets all count how many things are incorrect in that statement!

lol, that's why we love Nikke. Her entire statement is incorrect. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nikke's not great with holdovers but it's looking like Skyfall will have okay hold this weekend, nothing spectacular.

Well there's a chance for a sub 50% drop which is fantastic any way you see it. I was hoping for a 47 million myself but yeah... :lol: I'm hoping that the Saturday bump will be higher than anticipated and a softer Sunday drop. Really surprised with Lincoln. It's only in 1700 theatres, doing Flight numbers.

yeah but I'm pretty sure there will be articles about how it underperformed at the boxoffice. they'll be able to understand that, right?

I think Twihards have build up a strong immunity against outside criticism. It will be disappointing but they had heard worst. Edited by Nasm99

Really surprised with Lincoln. It's only in 1700 theatres, doing Flight numbers.

See, those two movies looked like adult audience gold mines to me all along. Never did understand why either one were being treated like little indie films no one would see. Both should've been given 3000+ TC wide releases.

See, those two movies looked like adult audience gold mines to me all along. Never did understand why either one were being treated like little indie films no one would see. Both should've been given 3000+ TC wide releases.

Well expanding too wide doesn't always work too well, look at The Master. I think that expanding into 3000+ theatres even for a movie like Lincoln or Flight would've been too risky. But it should've at least been 2000+. Personally, I didn't like Lincoln though, thought it was quite the snoozefest. It's a good movie but boring.

Well there's a chance for a sub 50% drop which is fantastic any way you see it. I was hoping for a 47 million myself but yeah... :lol: I'm hoping that the Saturday bump will be higher than anticipated and a softer Sunday drop.Really surprised with Lincoln. It's only in 1700 theatres, doing Flight numbers.

Lincoln is the real winner this weekend. I expect another expansion coming for it. Saturday is going to be most important day for Skyfall this weekend.

baumer's situation made me remember when I strongly supported the DOM sub 200m club for TASM and failed miserably, god I was embarrassed... I left the forums for about 2-3 days

Why embarrassed? I was in that club too... yeah, it was a crazy long shot but heck, no guts, no glory.
  • Like 1