CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

If by reviews you mean a few people than sure. Other critics love the film. Most haven't posted yet.

Posted Image

If by reviews you mean a few people than sure. Other critics love the film. Most haven't posted yet.

Posted Image

Isn't that how it became an alleged best picture frontrunner in the first place? A few screening reactions tweeted by a few people?

You are fooling yourself if you think reviews that call a film vocal diarrea and an enema are the hallmarks of a BP winner. Rating is inflated by UK fanboys. 55 on metacritic.

Most of those negative reviews are equally bullshit reviews that hate on the film in the same manner the UKs reviews love it. This is wait and see time. Plus, I trust Total Film, HeyUGuys, Cole Smithey, Variety, and others, and they gave positive reviews.

Most of those negative reviews are equally bullshit reviews that hate on the film in the same manner the UKs reviews love it. This is wait and see time. Plus, I trust Total Film, HeyUGuys, Cole Smithey, Variety, and others, and they gave positive reviews.

Son you only trust reviews that agree with your point of view of a movie you haven't seen. Gotcha. And P.S. Half those reviews you cited are mixed.

IMO, much more interesting than Les Miz pans and snubs are Lincoln snubs in BP and BD. Spileberg is tanking like there`s no lifeboat and unlike Les Mis his movie`s got great critical notices. However, Guilds could change that overnight. Lincoln is very much their movie and they are put in the position to award Spileberg for the third time, some 13 years since his last win, or award Bigelow again only 3 years since her first win. Now, when you think of it, people who scored multiple wins are all big legends - Streep (3 and it took long for that 3d), Hanks (was big boxoffice at the time of his one-two ounches), DDL (big gap between his wins, is considered a genius). Is Bigelow that highly regarded?

• Like 1

IMO, much more interesting than Les Miz pans and snubs are Lincoln snubs in BP and BD. Spileberg is tanking like there`s no lifeboat and unlike Les Mis his movie`s got great critical notices. However, Guilds could change that overnight. Lincoln is very much their movie and they are put in the position to award Spileberg for the third time, some 13 years since his last win, or award Bigelow again only 3 years since her first win. Now, when you think of it, people who scored multiple wins are all big legends - Streep (3 and it took long for that 3d), Hanks (was big boxoffice at the time of his one-two ounches), DDL (big gap between his wins, is considered a genius). Is Bigelow that highly regarded?

Maybe Wells was right about Lincoln? :)

What's your goal here, JackO? To tell us how much every movie sucks?

I didn't know that reading reviews up rottentomatoes or metacritic would be controversial but whatever keeps your delusions alive.

Maybe Wells was right about Lincoln? :)

I`m just trying to be objective here. I don`t agree that ZDT = TSN because ZDT subject matter is AMPAS friendly and Bigelow is liked unlike Fincher. However, multiple wins are not business as usual especially within couple of years or so. It takes something/someone really special at least at the moment if not in body of work to pull it off. So since I consider Hooper dead due to reviews (AMPAS would prefer some substantial critical backing for their intended winner and LM doesn`t have it) and ZDT and Bigelow being frontrunners, I`m wondering if they are ready to give her another so soon. She has an advantage to be the only relevant female director so giving her second would shut up jaded feminists while keeping directors a boy`s club with one exceptional female member (see how no victory at all for women this is - it`s still only one the same lady and no other, no paving the way for anyone but herself, very clever way guys use her presence among them). OTOH, Spielberg has body of work that pretty much demands third Oscar but things are looking much better for DDL to achieve the feat. Can both do it?

Son you only trust reviews that agree with your point of view of a movie you haven't seen. Gotcha. And P.S. Half those reviews you cited are mixed.

Uh, you're the one who said that only UK reviewers gave it positive notices, so I pointed out that the negative reviews are just as flaky. And maybe some of those are mixed, but they're evidence that the film isn't getting "trashed" near as much as you say. I have no reason to inflate Les Mis. Django is my horse in this race, and I'll be just as happy if ZDT, Lincoln, Argo, or Pi wins. I'm excited a bout the movie because I like the musical and I like what I've seen so far- the same reason anybody gets excited and defends any movie. That's the point of these things called "opinions."
  • Like 1

Uh, you're the one who said that only UK reviewers gave it positive notices, so I pointed out that the negative reviews are just as flaky. And maybe some of those are mixed, but they're evidence that the film isn't getting "trashed" near as much as you say.I have no reason to inflate Les Mis. Django is my horse in this race, and I'll be just as happy if ZDT, Lincoln, Argo, or Pi wins. I'm excited a bout the movie because I like the musical and I like what I've seen so far- the same reason anybody gets excited and defends any movie. That's the point of these things called "opinions."

How are they flaky? Because you don't agree with them even though you havent even seen the movie?