kayumanggi

PHILIPPINES BOX OFFICE thread​

Proclamation No. 368, signed by Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Wednesday, removed the EDSA People Power Revolution anniversary from the list. But it added Chinese New Year and Christmas Eve as special non-working days. 

The proclamation listed the following regular holidays and special non-working days that would be observed next year. 

REGULAR HOLIDAYS

• Jan. 1 - New Year’s Day
  • March 28 - Maundy Thursday
  • March 29 - Good Friday
  • April 9 - Araw ng Kagitingan
  • May 1 - Labor Day
  • June 12 - Independence Day
  • Aug. 26 - National Heroes Day (Last Monday of August)
  • Nov. 30 - Bonifacio Day
  • Dec. 25 - Christmas Day
  • Dec. 30 - Rizal Day

SPECIAL (NON-WORKING) DAYS

• Aug. 21 - Ninoy Aquino Day
  • Nov. 1 - All Saints’ Day
  • Dec. 8 - Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary
  • Dec. 31 - Last Day of the Year

ADDITIONAL SPECIAL (NON-WORKING) DAYS

• Feb. 10 - Chinese New Year
  • March 30 - Black Saturday
  • Nov. 2 - All Souls' Day 
  • Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve

The Palace said the proclamations that would declare national holidays for the Eid’l Fitr and Eid’l Adha would be based on Islamic calendar or astronomical calculations.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Proclamation No. 368, signed by Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Wednesday, removed the EDSA People Power Revolution anniversary from the list. But it added Chinese New Year and Christmas Eve as special non-working days. 

The proclamation listed the following regular holidays and special non-working days that would be observed next year. 

REGULAR HOLIDAYS

• Jan. 1 - New Year’s Day
  • March 28 - Maundy Thursday
  • March 29 - Good Friday
  • April 9 - Araw ng Kagitingan
  • May 1 - Labor Day
  • June 12 - Independence Day
  • Aug. 26 - National Heroes Day (Last Monday of August)
  • Nov. 30 - Bonifacio Day
  • Dec. 25 - Christmas Day
  • Dec. 30 - Rizal Day

SPECIAL (NON-WORKING) DAYS

• Aug. 21 - Ninoy Aquino Day
  • Nov. 1 - All Saints’ Day
  • Dec. 8 - Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary
  • Dec. 31 - Last Day of the Year

ADDITIONAL SPECIAL (NON-WORKING) DAYS

• Feb. 10 - Chinese New Year
  • March 30 - Black Saturday
  • Nov. 2 - All Souls' Day 
  • Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve

The Palace said the proclamations that would declare national holidays for the Eid’l Fitr and Eid’l Adha would be based on Islamic calendar or astronomical calculations.

Either planned for years now or this is just a way to distract the opposition

Eq708waUwAEvuhf.jpg

In Eras news, upon quick checking on LFS, film still had decent walkups (even in PH standards) for a fan-driven film - some major malls even opened more screenings which still sold well. For a random pick, this 10PM screening in Megamall sold 150+ more than my check last Monday - but ofc it's Megamall. 

No description available.

• Like 3

The explanation of BBM's govt for the removal of the EDSA holiday is stupid af. The Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary also falls on a Sunday, but it is still a holiday. I'm not shocked his ratings continue to go down.

A VERY GOOD GIRL's gross isn't really something to be excited about. The gross so far is like what, less than $2M? The Philippine box office has not recovered. Let us see what the MMFF can do this December-January.

On 10/14/2023 at 9:33 PM, kayumanggi said:

The explanation of BBM's govt for the removal of the EDSA holiday is stupid af. The Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary also falls on a Sunday, but it is still a holiday. I'm not shocked his ratings continue to go down.

A VERY GOOD GIRL's gross isn't really something to be excited about. The gross so far is like what, less than $2M? The Philippine box office has not recovered. Let us see what the MMFF can do this December-January.

and if it's true Vice Ganda may skip this year's festival? They better get that Jun Lana movie starring Eugene Domingo/Pokwang. 

If Nadine Lustre's Nokturno and Shake, Rattle, and Roll get a slot (and they might), that's 3 horror films. Deleter's audience is going to get split lol.  

4 hours ago, icebearraven said:

and if it's true Vice Ganda may skip this year's festival? They better get that Jun Lana movie starring Eugene Domingo/Pokwang. 

If Nadine Lustre's Nokturno and Shake, Rattle, and Roll get a slot (and they might), that's 3 horror films. Deleter's audience is going to get split lol.  

My fiancé won't be happy if that's true, she loves Vice Ganda. Showtime is like her homesickness cure when it's on

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

My fiancé won't be happy if that's true, she loves Vice Ganda. Showtime is like her homesickness cure when it's on

Word though is the new film will not just join the festival so there's still a new film coming. But hey, things could change.

16 hours ago, icebearraven said:

WHEN I MET YOU IN TOKYO

BECKY AND BADETTE

FIREFLY

FAMILY OF TWO

PENDUKO

MALLARI

GOMBURZA

(K)AMPON

REWIND

I couldn't find any promotion for BROKEN HEART'S TRIP.

Edited by kayumanggi

40 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Surprised with snubs on Nokturno and SRR. Will they release them on November/December? I can see it from happening. 

Glad Gomburza and Becky & Badette got in. Director Nuel Naval's on a roll with another possible drama hit. Hopefully people will like (K)ampon or that Deleter audience will not show up (cast not as big as Nadine though)

These films tho will need big/buzzy marketing campaigns. Hopefully, it won't be as low as MMFF 2016. 

47 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

Surprised with snubs on Nokturno and SRR. Will they release them on November/December? I can see it from happening. 

Glad Gomburza and Becky & Badette got in. Director Nuel Naval's on a roll with another possible drama hit. Hopefully people will like (K)ampon or that Deleter audience will not show up (cast not as big as Nadine though)

These films tho will need big/buzzy marketing campaigns. Hopefully, it won't be as low as MMFF 2016. 

The 10 movies are confirmed for December 25, correct? I am thinking NOKTURNO and SRR "might" be for January.

On 10/17/2023 at 4:40 PM, kayumanggi said:

The 10 movies are confirmed for December 25, correct? I am thinking NOKTURNO and SRR "might" be for January.

Yes.

It would be a waste tho not to utilize the November 30 holiday. Vice Ganda's The Super Parental Guardians thrived there back in 2016.

20 hours ago, icebearraven said:

Yes.

It would be a waste tho not to utilize the November 30 holiday. Vice Ganda's The Super Parental Guardians thrived there back in 2016.

The thing is, November 2023 is stacked with Hollywood films. Survival of the fittest diyan.

17 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

The thing is, November 2023 is stacked with Hollywood films. Survival of the fittest diyan.

Good point. While Marvels/Ballad would open on first half of November and Wish wouldn't really do big, January/February is more open with Mean Girls/Madame Web only the potential biggie (or Lisa Frankenstein thanks to Liza Soberanos's participation). 

Nokturno could benefit tho from payday holiday and Wonka maybe doing just fine

1 hour ago, icebearraven said:

Good point. While Marvels/Ballad would open on first half of November and Wish wouldn't really do big, January/February is more open with Mean Girls/Madame Web only the potential biggie (or Lisa Frankenstein thanks to Liza Soberanos's participation). 

Nokturno could benefit tho from payday holiday and Wonka maybe doing just fine

WONKA and AQUAMAN: THE LOST KINGDOM's releases are going to be delayed. They might get released on the second or third week of January.

But I can see a late November release for either NOKTURNO or SRR. Okay nga sana sa last week of October or first week of November, in time sa Halloween.