Gopher

Weekend Estimates starting pg 10

Johnny Depp's schtick has grown tired and annoying hasn't it?I mean, I loved Jack Sparrow and still do, but only in the first and second Pirates movies but it's the same quirky character over and over again. Makes me less excited to see a movie with him in it. The Lone Ranger looks godawful.

Killing Me Softly is a fairly bad movie so I don't mind seeing it bomb. I've also never seen an audience hate a movie more. Maybe 150 people showed up and 120 stayed until the end.

Is that a lot? Granted, here, I've never seen anyone ever exit. Maybe because of the "If I'm paying for it, I'll wait til the end," mentality.But every so often someone here reports lots of walkouts. 25% is of course huge, but people were making it seem like at least 40% were leaving.

A family (with a 8-10 years old kid) walked out of End of Watch when I went to see the movie last weekend. I am not sure why they walked in the first place.

Edited by CJohn

So what, is Skyfall making 300m or not?

Think it'll be close. Probably depends on how many theatres it can keep over Christmas holidays. After The Hobbit there are 4 wide releases on 21st and another 3 on 28th. With Lincoln possibly expanding and ROTG / LOP / RD / BD2 holdovers how much room / love is there going to be for SF?I still think it will - just.

How the hell would you get a "give me an Oscar" feeling from Brad Pitt's performance in The Tree of Life?

Pitt was amazing in Tree of life,he really surprised me there.It was pitch perfect, subdued but very touching and heartfelt.
  • Like 1

But how will it end? Aliens, natural disasters or meteors and shit? I read that NASA is receiving letters and emails from people that want to kill their kids because they don't their kids to witness the apocalipse, and from kids themselves that want to suicide to not see the end of the world.

But how will it end? Aliens, natural disasters or meteors and shit? I read that NASA is receiving letters and emails from people that want to kill their kids because they don't their kids to witness the apocalipse, and from kids themselves that want to suicide to not see the end of the world.

Let them, its Darwinism, which is pretty ironic really given that most of them are religious nuts and probably dont even believe in it.