Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

It's the best take on that character I've seen, I was extremely impressed.

Not to me. I liked Ruth Wilson's take as well as Charlotte Gainesboro(sp?) better.

Edited by ECSTASY

What's with all the Wasikowska hate? I think she's one of the most talented actresses of her generation. She does tend to sort of gravitate to this type of role but she was also brilliant on In Treatment and almost made Alice in Wonderland tolerable. Definitely fits in with Crimson Peak better than that Emma Stone who should stick to comedy. 

Anyways, this movie sounds really interesting and is my main reason for hoping that Pacific Rim does well so Del Toro can do what he wants. 

What's with all the Wasikowska hate? I think she's one of the most talented actresses of her generation. She does tend to sort of gravitate to this type of role but she was also brilliant on In Treatment and almost made Alice in Wonderland tolerable. Definitely fits in with Crimson Peak better than that Emma Stone who should stick to comedy. 

Anyways, this movie sounds really interesting and is my main reason for hoping that Pacific Rim does well so Del Toro can do what he wants. 

LOL I don't think she's all that. She's okay. I do think she's a better fit for this particular production though (now that I've read the synopsis).

Edited by ECSTASY

Anyways the one I'm more worried about for this film is Charlie Hunnam. He's getting pretty crappy reviews for PR and he just seems super boring/bland. Sure the writing isn't that strong for actors in PR but Idris and Rinko are at least getting ok reviews and seem to bring something extra to their roles. 

Agreed ...

Well said.

Anyways the one I'm more worried about for this film is Charlie Hunnam. He's getting pretty crappy reviews for PR and he just seems super boring/bland. Sure the writing isn't that strong for actors in PR but Idris and Rinko are at least getting ok reviews and seem to bring something extra to their roles. 

LOL have you ever seen Nicholas Nickleby? He's also in Sons of Anarchy. He is one of the leads of that show. It's been on for a while. He's not a great actor by any stretch but this sort of movie should fit him (if he's playing an aristocrat). 

Who cares. Hunnam, Wasikowska... they'll be all eaten by mesmerizing Cumberbatch, and totally unnoticeable in every scene with him. ^^

I was gonna say. Cumberbatch will own this anyway's lol. This is right up his alley.

LOL have you ever seen Nicholas Nickleby? He's also in Sons of Anarchy. He is one of the leads of that show. It's been on for a while. He's not a great actor by any stretch but this sort of movie should fit him (if he's playing an aristocrat). 

I've heard pretty polarizing things about him in SoA. Some think he's good, others say he's still boring. Nicholas Nickleby was so long ago and all I remember from that film was Anne Hathaway of all people. 

• Like 1

I was gonna say. Cumberbatch will own this anyway's lol. This is right up his alley.

I do think Cumberbatch and Chastain have the showier roles in this.. At least from what we know, sounds like Wasikowska and Hunnam have like the more passive/generic roles. Chastain in particular could be all sorts of crazy lol. 

I've heard pretty polarizing things about him in SoA. Some think he's good, others say he's still boring. Nicholas Nickleby was so long ago and all I remember from that film was Anne Hathaway of all people. 

LOL He was sort of comical and very forced but still sympathetic. Oddly enough Jamie Bell was in that one too. He was much better.

• Like 1

Well, Hunnam said he's playing the sensitive/smart guy who pines after Mia's character while Cumberbatch is playing the charming ladies man. You definitely can't accuse Del Toro of typecasting, that's for sure! 

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen Cumberbatch as a ladies man before. Nope can't think of anything.