Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

Crimson-Peak-Skull.jpg

A Jane Austen type of haunted house ghost story

Director: Guillermo Del Toro
Writer: Del Toro & Matthew Robbins (Re-write:Del Toro & Lucinda Coxon)

Producer(s): Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, del Toro and Callum Greene produce, and

Executive Producer: Jillian Share

Distributor: Universal
Production Company/Finance: Legendary Pictures (Finance w/Universal)

Starring:

Charlie Hunnam (Lead role)

Tom Hiddleston

Mia Wasikowska ... Edith Cushing (Discovers that her charming new husband is not who he appears to be)

Jessica Chastain ... (Siblings from an aristocratic family)

(Siblings from an aristocratic family)

Jim Beaver

Burn Gorman

Javier Botot

Story: In the aftermath of a family tragedy, an aspiring author is torn between love for her childhood friend and the temptation of a mysterious outsider. Trying to escape the ghosts of her past, she is swept away to a house that breathes, bleeds…and remembers.

Costume Designer: Kate Hawley

Set Designer: Michael Madden

Filming Location: Toronto (Pinewood Studios) (February 10 - May 14); Shooting Days: 65

Rated R
___________________________________________________________________________________
NEWS
Guillermo Del Toro To Helm ‘Crimson Peak’ As Next Feature, With Legendary Pictures
Guillermo Del Toro Says 'Crimson Peak' Is A Bronte-Esque "Gothic Romance With Ghosts"
For Del Toro, Which Comes First: Crimson Peak or Pacific Rim 2?
Interview: Guillermo del Toro Talks 'Mama,' 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' & What Happened To His "Disney Double Dare You" Shingle
Emma Stone in talks for Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
Producer Guillermo del Toro and Director Andy Muschietti Talk MAMA, Why You Secure Final Cut, and Del Toro’s Next Project CRIMSON PEAK
Charlie Hunnam circles del Toro's 'Peak'

Guillermo del Toro updates on Crimson Peak and Pacific Rim 2

Guillermo del Toro Talks PACIFIC RIM 2, Prepping THE STRAIN TV Series, CRIMSON PEAK, and Other Future Projects at WonderCon

Benedict Cumberbatch joins cast of supernatural thriller Crimson Peak

Jessica Chastain Boards del Toro’s ‘Crimson Peak’

Guillermo del Toro's gothic horror CRIMSON PEAK scheduled to film July 2014 in Toronto.

Mia Wasikowska May Replace Emma Stone in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'

Guillermo del Toro: No PG-13 for “CRIMSON PEAK”

Deadwood fave joins del Toro’s Crimson Peak

Crimson Peak 'Shockingly Different' for Guillermo del Toro

Guillermo del Toro Says They’re Writing the First Season of THE STRAIN Before Filming; Calls CRIMSON PEAK His “First Adult Movie in the English Language”

Charlie Hunnam Talks PACIFIC RIM, Seeing the Film for the First Time, Spending 27 Days in the Con Pod Set, SONS OF ANARCHY, and CRIMSON PEAK

Benedict Cumberbatch Drops Out of Del Toro’s ‘Crimson Peak’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Tom Hiddleston Replaces Benedict Cumberbatch in Crimson Peak

Tom Hiddleston Talks About Replacing His Friend in Del Toro’s Crimson Peak

The Toronto production office for Guillermo del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK opens September 23rd, with filming from

Jessica Chastain Talks Crimson Peak

Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak Arriving in Spring 2015

Guillermo Del Toro's Crimson Peak Starts Shooting February 2014

Universal Dates Crimson Peak, Ouija, Pitch Perfect 2 and More!

Check out all the details for Monday’s ‘Crimson Peak’ shoot in Kingston, Ontario

Could Crimson Peak Be Guillermo Del Toro's Best Film Yet?

Universal and Legendary Sign with IMAX for 15 More Films

Guillermo Del Toro on ‘Pacific Rim 2,’ ‘At the Mountains of Madness’ and More

Guillermo del Toro Interview: What You Need to Know About Crimson Peak

Guillermo del Toro on Hardcore Gothic ‘Crimson Peak’ and ‘Pacific Rim 2’

Win an excl experience: Meet #GDT @ #SDCC & walk through the Gothic Gallery

Video: Tour The ‘Crimson Peak’ Gothic Gallery With Guillermo del Toro [Comic Con 2014]

Comic-Con 2014 Live: Legendary Pictures in Hall H - For the Horde!

Guillermo Del Toro Reveals Details About Pacific Rim 2 - Comic Con 2014

GDT Comic-Con Interview

gsfmFYi.png
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TRAILERS/SPOTS
Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

CP is not Hell House at all. Nothing could be further from that. CP is a spec script Matthew and I wrote right after Pan's Labyrinth. It stayed mostly under the radar but I have been pushing it quietly. Universal has been very supportive and wanted to do it. It's set at the turn of the century and it is a Gothic romance with ghosts. When I use the GR term I use it not in the Barbara Cartland model but rather in a Bronte fashion. Dark and stormy and wind-swept.This is my first foray into horror since Sci-Fi/Horror Mimic. DBB was more of an essay on ghosts than a ghost story and, except as producer, I have not returned to scary stuff in a long time. Glad you guys are jazzed. So am I!!BestGDT

http://www.deltorofilms.com/wp/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=578&start=10

This will suck. GDT put his name on Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and that was one of the worst pieces of dung I've ever seen.

Huh? He only produced that. Cameron's credit didn't go down due to Sanctum. Producing credit is way different than a director's credit. Will be Del Toro in his element.

This will suck. GDT put his name on Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and that was one of the worst pieces of dung I've ever seen.

He will be directing this one. Although, Orphanage (GDT produced it as well) is a damn good movie and I always recommend it to anyone who hated Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark, which was awful.

He will be directing this one. Although, Orphanage (GDT produced it as well) is a damn good movie and I always recommend it to anyone who hated Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark, which was awful.

Yes, Orphanage is good.

Huh? He only produced that. Cameron's credit didn't go down due to Sanctum. Producing credit is way different than a director's credit. Will be Del Toro in his element.

I liked Sanctum.

"Crimson Peak" is a ghost story too right?

Yes, but fortunately, like in comedies you can have Woody Allen or The Farrelly Brothers or you can do Preston Sturges or Lubitsch or all of these things. There are so many ways to tell a ghost story. "Crimson Peak" is a gothic romance. I don't mean that there's going to be a guy who appears with a dozen flowers singing in the balcony, what I mean is that, in the most classical definition of the term, it's a gothic romance. It's got a lot of darkness and sound and fury and drama and stormy; but at the core of it is a scary movie.

Is that still going to be next?

Yes, God willing. We're going to be doing the pilot for the series "The Strain" [based on the trilogy of novels co-written by Del Toro and "The Town" author Chuck Hogan] for Fox and then I'm going to go right into the prep for "Crimson Peak."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/interview-guillermo-del-toro-talks-mama-pacific-rim-crimson-peak-dreamworks-and-what-happened-to-his-disney-double-dare-you-shingle-20130115?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&page=1#blogPostHeaderPanel 

Edited by Neo

I think people go with what other people say too often. Has anyone here actually seen Sanctum (besides Schu)?And besides, I'm not sold on GDT. Pan's was good but imo he has put his name on a lot of shit and I found Hellboy and its sequel to be quite bad.

I think people go with what other people say too often. Has anyone here actually seen Sanctum (besides Schu)?And besides, I'm not sold on GDT. Pan's was good but imo he has put his name on a lot of shit and I found Hellboy and its sequel to be quite bad.

I would call the sequel "weak", but not bad, but I have no problems with the original. The lead was excellent casting, Perlman nailed it, and in my completely bias opinion I think the lead in CP is perfect (assuming negotiations go through). :D