Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

lol please. Cucumberbitch is so overrated. His face is aesthetically not pleasing, I definitely wouldn't be able to buy him as a ladies man (which is what his character is supposed to be). Plenty of more talented actors out there anyway. If they can upgrade from Stone to Wasikowska, I'm sure they'll manage to replace him with someone better.

Cumbie has a massive female fanbase online so I don't see what's that unbelievable about it. Simon Cowell practically has a harem of women and I don't know anyone who finds him good-looking. Besides, in middle and high school, not all the popular boys among girls were the best looking ones. 

I think you can argue that Mia is a better actress than Stone but you can't argue that she is an upgrade over Emma Stone in this movie. Emma Stone is a legitimate Box Office draw and she has never weighed any movie down. Wasikowska may be a better actress but that's not an important criteria. Losing Cumberbatch and Stone isn't good news for this movie.

I think you can argue that Mia is a better actress than Stone but you can't argue that she is an upgrade over Emma Stone in this movie. Emma Stone is a legitimate Box Office draw and she has never weighed any movie down. Wasikowska may be a better actress but that's not an important criteria. Losing Cumberbatch and Stone isn't good news for this movie.

If it gets Cruise/Hemsworth/DiCaprio/Pitt then I can say the box office is saved.

CP doesnt need Emma Stone. Stone is uncapable of movies like this where true acting is needed. She belongs to comedies and love interest in superhero movies.

CP doesnt need Emma Stone. Stone is uncapable of movies like this where true acting is needed. She belongs to comedies and love interest in superhero movies.

She did a small indie movie called "Paper Man" with Jeff Daniels back in the day and she is pretty good in that movie. I think she is perfectly capable of doing movies other than comedies.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether Stone is a better actress than Mia, or vice versa, I definitely think Mia is a better fit for what is likely to be a period movie set the UK or even 19th century America.  Stone's perfect a modern rom-com, for this, not so much.  As for Cumberbatch, he may or may not be helpful to the box office, but as far as movie quality goes, there are plenty of good actors who can fit the role without a decline at all.

Wow at some of the comments here, to actually think Wasikowska is superior to Stone, laughable, keep on being delusional.

lol @ you sounding like a pressed fanboy.

Wasikowska may be a better actress but that's not an important criteria.

Ummmm it's absolutely an important criteria!!! How can anyone say otherwise lol. Besides Emma Stone isn't as bankable as some people here think. Apart from Easy A she has NEVER led a movie, it's still impossible to dicsern how much of a draw her name is. Like geez, I like the girl and I'm a fan of hers, but some people here really view her talent/career through rose-coloured glasses.

Edited by candycane
  • Like 1

Ummmm it's absolutely an important criteria!!! How can anyone say otherwise lol. Besides Emma Stone isn't as bankable as some people here think. Apart from Easy A she has NEVER led a movie, it's still impossible to dicsern how much of a draw her name is. Like geez, I like the girl and I'm a fan of hers, but some people here really view her talent/career through rose-coloured glasses.

It is an important criteria if you are trying to win an Oscar but it doesn't matter when you are making a good movie that makes money at the Box Office. Warner Bros. just chose Ben Affleck over some better actors being mentioned for the role of Batman. This is how the business side (the most important side) of Hollywood works. I have nothing against Mia but she isn't an upgrade over Emma.

• Like 1