iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

So that OD is disappointing, if you thought this would be like Twilight in november.It was never going to be.But really, it's just disappointing, if it doesn't manage to do 300m by february.It's a good CS and i say it again, there is no other family event movie other than Monsters Inc. re-release over the holidays.It WILL pass 300m.

I believe it will pass 300 too. BUT many people on here said they could not see how this misses 400. And when i said just over 300 some people lost their damn minds.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

My initial hunch on the Hobbit (I'm talking before the teaser came out) was that it would do respectable numbers, but not break 400m and would be considered inferior to LOTR just because the book itself is not on the same epic scale. I noted that I would probably like the movie, since I had read the book and knew exactly what to expect (lighter, humorous tone for example).I got a bit caught up in the hype after the first trailer came out, and thought it would do 450m or so, but in hindsight, I shouldn't have wavered.I saw the movie today. As a fan of the book, I loved it. I do think it ran a bit longer than it needed to, and I probably would have cut a couple of the subplots. I thought the Bilbo/Dwarves material was really well done, and I'm still looking forward to the next two films, although I am wondering how they are going to pad those out since this film managed to cover a considerable portion of the book.

I believe it will pass 300 too. BUT many people on here said they could not see how this misses 400. And when i said just over 300 some people lost their dan minds.

I predicted 350 M in one poll if my memory serves me right. 400 M is a tall order.

300M is happening for Skyfall..... can't say one way or other for BD2 yet.

I haven't looked at how close they're getting the past week, but my first thought is that Christmas legs are about to kick in and movies will see some nice numbers starting in about ten days.But my second thought is that there are a whole lot of movies opening by the 25th, and I wonder if Skyfall and BD2 will lose a lot of screens and theater counts before then.Are they safe, or will they be losing too many screens to get a huge boost from Christmas?

My initial hunch on the Hobbit (I'm talking before the teaser came out) was that it would do respectable numbers, but not break 400m and would be considered inferior to LOTR just because the book itself is not on the same epic scale. I noted that I would probably like the movie, since I had read the book and knew exactly what to expect (lighter, humorous tone for example).I got a bit caught up in the hype after the first trailer came out, and thought it would do 450m or so, but in hindsight, I shouldn't have wavered.I saw the movie today. As a fan of the book, I loved it. I do think it ran a bit longer than it needed to, and I probably would have cut a couple of the subplots. I thought the Bilbo/Dwarves material was really well done, and I'm still looking forward to the next two films, although I am wondering how they are going to pad those out since this film managed to cover a considerable portion of the book.

I expect the second movie to have 1 hour of SMAUG madness. lol

At this point, either Hobbit will be WW 2012 #4 or #5 or even $6 (in case it loses to BD2 ...).

Oh come on this is pure trolling. Disappointing or not this is not going to be as low as BD2. You just want it to be that low.

I haven't looked at how close they're getting the past week, but my first thought is that Christmas legs are about to kick in and movies will see some nice numbers starting in about ten days.But my second thought is that there are a whole lot of movies opening by the 25th, and I wonder if Skyfall and BD2 will lose a lot of screens and theater counts before then.Are they safe, or will they be losing too many screens to get a huge boost from Christmas?

Skyfall will keep a good amount of screens..... not sure about BD2.