iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Same here. Maybe if MJ is in 3D then that could flirt with it.Oh and maybe Star Wars

At first I was like "Michael Jordan? Michael Jackson?"Star Wars probably won't be out before Avengers 2, will it? For a while I was thinking SW might take Memorial Day and push Avengers to July 4, but with WB acting like they are serious about Justice League for now, I think Disney has to make sure Avengers kicks off the summer. It could lose hundreds of millions of dollars if it comes out after a potentially well-received Justice League film.As for Hunger Games, that was one of those movies that surprised a lot of people, was very well-received, and continued to be discovered by new people after it's theater run was over. Catching Fire should be in for a BIG increase over the first one's opening weekend. I wouldn't be shocked if it flirted with 200.

Same here. My hype for this went wayyyyyyy down after I heard it was turning into a trilogy. Then when i saw the runtime for this part I was like "How?"

Once people actually go to see this, it'll probably rekindle their love for Gandalf and hobbits that they had ten years ago. I think it may be due for some pretty good legs.

With a 37 opening day I don't see how it gets to 90 for the weekend. I have it 88.... and that is with a 25 percent jump on Saturday minus the midnights of course.

OS is disappointing even more than DOM so far.Missing 1B is a real possibility.

Okay. Thank you. I have not been following overseas yet. The only 1 I know is CJohn reported Portugal was doing very poorly.

If you go back to the TH under THG thread youll see John Marston telling me how absolutely moron ik and unrealistic I was when I said that it might not do a 300,000,000. Then of course I believe you would have to go back to the original Hobbit thread to find some very very old post where people about a year ago were saying that 400 mill was bryond locked.

BD2 is making 850M WW. Hobbit could be close to that number if things dont change better.

With 3D and IMAX which BD2 Didnt have (i know it had imax in some)

1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (NL/MGM/WB) NEW [Runs 4,045] PG13

Friday $37.0M, Weekend $96M

2. Skyfall (Eon/MGM/Sony) Week 6 [Runs 2,924] PG13

Friday $2.0M, Weekend $7.0M, Cume $272.4M

3. Lincoln (DreamWorks/Fox/Disney) Week 6 [Runs 2,285] PG13

Friday $1.8M, Weekend $6.3M, Cume $107.0M

4. Rise Of The Guardian (DWA/Par) Week 4 [Runs 3,387] PG

Friday $1.5M, Weekend $7.0M, Cume $70.9M

5. Breaking Dawn Part 2 (Summit/Lionsgate) Week 5 [Runs 3,042] PG13

Friday $1.5M, Weekend $5.0M, Cume $276.7M

6. Life Of Pi (Fox) Week 4 [Runs 2,548] PG

Friday $1.4M, Weekend $5.0M, Cume $69.2M

7. Playing For Keeps (Millenium/FilmDistrict) Week 2 [Runs 2,840] PG13

Friday $1.0K (-53%), Weekend $3.0M, Cume $10.6M

8. Wreck-It Ralph (Disney) Week 7 [Runs 2,249]PG

Friday $750K, Weekend $3.2M, Cume $168.7M

9. Red Dawn (MGM/FilmDistrict) Week 4 [Runs 2,250] PG13

Friday $725K, Weekend $2.5M, Cume $41.7M

10. Silver Linings Playbook (Weinstein) Week 5 [Runs 371] R

Friday $560K, Weekend $1.9M, Cume $16.8M

Glad WIR is still hanging on!

I wonder if Life of Pi can beat Guardians for gross in the long run, they're so close to each other.

• Like 2

I was hoping for exactly 2.0M (110% jump from Thursday).

Yes - 2M would be a good number for SF Friday - 35% drop (from last Fri). I was thinking 40 - 45% drop on Hobbit weekend so better than expected for me.Are there any other numbers yet - Lincoln, BD2, ROTG etc - i couldn't find any numbers on pg34, have they moved? Can't believe 50+ pages on this one already. $37m for Hobbit not disastrous, did everyone forget it's December - different legs apply !!! Edited by achooo

Once people actually go to see this, it'll probably rekindle their love for Gandalf and hobbits that they had ten years ago. I think it may be due for some pretty good legs.

no doubt it will be in for some good legs. It is the Christmas season where everything has good legs. But it will need incredible legs to get over 400. Good legs should get it to about 340 or 350

If you go back to the TH under THG thread youll see John Marston telling me how absolutely moron ik and unrealistic I was when I said that it might not do a 300,000,000. Then of course I believe you would have to go back to the original Hobbit thread to find some very very old post where people about a year ago were saying that 400 mill was bryond locked.

I know what you are talking about. I have first-hand experience too. :P

Yes - 2M would be a good number for SF Friday - 35% drop (from last Fri). I was thinking 40 - 45% drop on Hobbit weekend so better than expected for me.Are there any other numbers yet - Lincoln, BD2, ROTG etc - i couldn't find any numbers on pg34, have they moved? Can't believe 50+ pages on this one already. $37m for Hobbit not disastrous, did everyone forget it's December - different legs apply !!!

You have the numbers above.