Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

Hobbit will require 12m on Tuesday to stay on track for 300m. Anything under 11m will make it a difficult task, while anything over 13m will lock it.Edit: Above calculations were based on 2007 comparisons. Since Tuesdays are inflated nowadays, it will require more, say, 13m.

Edited by Fake

Hobbit will require 12m on Tuesday to stay on track for 300m. Anything under 11m will make it a difficult task, while anything over 13m will lock it.

Even with nose-dive after holidays? I hope it starts losing theaters rapidly because it has too many that work with less than half of capacity. Just drop off the face of the Earth already!

Well I'd say the box office for the movie is reflecting folks turning against it cause of it being too drawn out.. If the LOTR fans love this, then that great, but most are smart enough to know that the HOBBIT is not LOTR.. YES, It takes place in Middle Earth and perthaps 60 years before LOTR, but anyone who knows the HOBBIT knows it's a pretty simple story, cut and dry.. Jackson and WB are simply milking the shit out of this..

By this explanation, the problem with the decision to produce TH as three movies seems rooted in a dislike for Jackson that's being projected onto potential audiences at large. I would think that if regular folks decide to skip the movie, it's because they doubt it will be worth the time and expense, not because it will be followed by two more.