Jack Nevada

Your ideal nominees

Here's my acting categories expanded:Best Actor:1. Denis Lavant - Holy Motors2. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - The Master3. Joaquin Phoenix - The Master4. Liam Neeson - The Grey5. Matthew McConaughey - Killer Joe/Logan Lerman in Perks (fuck it I can't decide!)Actress:1. Rachel Weisz - The Deep Blue Sea2. Michelle Williams - Take This Waltz3. Quevenzhane Wallis - Beasts of the Southern Wild4. Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings5. Meryl Streep - Hope SpringsSupp. Actor:1. Dwight Henry - Beasts2. Garret Hedlund - On The Road3. Tom Hanks - Cloud Atlas4. Scott McNairy - Killing Them Softly5. James Spader - LincolnSupp. Actress:1. Ann Dowd - Compliance2. Doona Bae - Cloud Atlas3. Dreams Walker - Compliance4. Gina Gershon - Killer Joe5. Rebel Wilson - Pitch PerfectEnsemble1. Cloud Atlas2. Silver Linings Playbook3. The Dark Knight Rises4. Perks of Being a Wallflowe5. Killing Them SoftlyI can't wait to see Django/Zero Dark Thirty. I know I'm gonna love that shit!

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

The Wachowskis directed the slave ship story in CA and the two set in the future. Tykwer directed stories 2, 3 and 4.Also, speaking as a fan of Killing Them Softly, it would have been unbearable with a 150-minute runtime. It's an angry, aggressive and intense little movie, and it worked perfectly being a 95-minute ball of energy. Add even 5 minutes to it and it'd be needless fat.

I adored The Imposter. Not only the best doc of the year for me but also just one of the best movies of the year as well.

Oh yeah, that film sounds so cool. Fucking distributors wont bring it to finland, just like they dont bring most documentaries.Did you like Searching for Sugar Man? I didnt

Oh yeah, that film sounds so cool. Fucking distributors wont bring it to finland, just like they dont bring most documentaries.Did you like Searching for Sugar Man? I didnt

Haven't seen it. Everyone else seems to love it though so I'll surely check it out eventually.

Haven't seen it. Everyone else seems to love it though so I'll surely check it out eventually.

I'm sure you'll like it. I just didn't find the story or the man it was about very interesting or captivating. It was a well made film, but it left me cold

My nominees, having not see yet ZD30, SLP, The Master, Beasts, Perks, Cloud Atlas, and a few others:BEST PICTUREArgoDjango UnchainedThe GreyKilling Them SoftlyLincolnBEST DIRECTORBen Affleck for ArgoJoe Carnahan for The GreyAndrew Dominik for Killing Them SoftlySteven Spielberg for LincolnQuentin Tarantino for Django UnchainedBEST ENSEMBLEArgoDjango UnchainedKilling Them SoftlyLes MiserablesLincolnBEST ACTRESSJudi Dench for The Best Exotic Marigold HotelAubrey Plaza for Safety Not GuaranteedRachel Weisz for The Deep Blue SeaMichelle Williams for Take This WaltzBEST ACTORDaniel Day-Lewis for LincolnRichard Gere for ArbitrageLiam Neeson for The GreyCristoph Waltz for Django UnchainedDenzel Washington for FlightBEST SUPPORTING ACTRESSSamantha Barks for Les MiserablesRosemarie DeWitt for Your Sister’s SisterSally Field for LincolnAnne Hathaway for Les MiserablesKara Heyward for Moonrise KingdomBEST SUPPORTING ACTORLeonardo DiCaprio for Django UnchainedSamuel L. Jackson for Django UnchainedTommy Lee Jones for LincolnScoot McNairy for Killing Them SoftlyEddie Redmayne for Les Miserables