Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

I guess I'll watch Holy Motors eventually, even though I'm sceptical.And If I dont like it, I'm sure CoolioD1 and Gopher and all the other people who loved it will be saying "You just didn't get it" or "IT DEMANDS YOUR ATTENTION" or "What do you know, you liked the fucking Watch" :rofl:

Oh, BTW, I saw your post in the Oscar forum about how Paranorman wasn't as good as Hotel Transylvania earlier and I forgot to give you shit for it. So... "fuck you, you uncultured swine."
  • Like 1

Well, wasn't this a pleasant derailing.

It is a fun, cool derailment with a good conversation instead of feets, shitto and tentacles being throwed into the mix :lol: Edited by CJohn

Yes, I have a completely fucked up taste in movies. :lol: Get over it

I agree with you on HT... except the fact that it is better than ParaNorman. I do agree it is way more funnier.

Jack, dig up a copy of THE RULING CLASS. It's an older movie, but I guarantee you multiple WTFs, plus it's got a kickass performance by Peter O'Toole as a member of the British aristocracy who's insane and thinks he's Jesus Christ. Oh yes, and he sings too.

I LOVE O'Toole in that movie. I think it's a little too long but it's pretty good overall.

I went like 60-70 times. I love going and now with moviepass I will go twice a week at least.

I have a card that gives me a 50% discount every time I ago. Very cool stuff :D Edited by CJohn

Are Beasts of Southern Wild and Moonrise Kingdom both those kind of "quirky, ha-ha, this is cute but nothing happens" type of movies ala Life Acquatic or any other Bill Murray movie? I need to know this before I waste my time. I feel like I should see them as they are likely Best Picture nominees but also I think I'll hate them. :mellow:

Edited by Silver Linings aDIM

Oh god, I just had a horrible thought: what if.. what if I dont like Perks of Being a Wallflower? :mellow:I will be officially stoned to death in front of a sneering crown if that happens.

You will be seriously dead to me. I will put you on Ignore. I am serious. I am not joking. And after putting you on Ignore I will go to Finland. I will find you. I will kill you.
  • Like 2

Love Dredd 3D, the slow-motion scenes where awesome. Loved the look of the film as well. Didn't like the fake blood though.

I have a question...Why didn't the city block get leveled after Dredd shot the Mama girl? Wasn't the bomb attached to her life?

I didn't see a reply for this, so...

The device was set to send the detonation signal if she died, Dredd deliberately shot to wound then tossed her out the window. After that she fell 200 stories before impact and death, and by then , as Dredd had surmised, the signal was too far to penetrate 200 stories of steel and concrete.

Edited by Incarnadine

Are Beasts of Southern Wild and Moonrise Kingdom both those kind of "quirky, ha-ha, this is cute but nothing happens" type of movies ala Life Acquatic or any other Bill Murray movie? I need to know this before I waste my team. I feel like I should see them as they are likely Best Picture nominees but also I think I'll hate them. :mellow:

Beasts isn't that kind of movie at all. It's absolutely wonderful/unique. Moonrise Kingdom is like a Wes Anderson film. If you don't like that guy's other stuff you're not gonna like this.