Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM VI - Discussion Thread

I generally copy-and-paste one or two of major films, adaptations that I don't really want to bother with, and then a majority of fillers. This year, I believe my only big copy-and-pastes are Unfortunate Events and Man of La Mancha, with Portal having some copy-and-paste but a lot of original writing, and then a lot of my fillers are copy-and-paste.

It's one thing if they're dropped in there just to grab box office. It's another thing if they're a bit hyped to get critical approval.

Well, I think using Wikipedia as an outline for your actual writing can give pretty good results. Take last year, I've never read Dogs of Babel, but friends of mine have told me it's a great book. I read the Wikipedia outline, and wrote the movie around what Wikipedia said happened in the novel. The film turned out great, if I do say so myself. I'm now wondering what film you're talking about, but I'm sure if it's hyped for critical approval, I should be able to figure it out.

CJohn, you need to fix what you've just posted in the Part 1 thread. I have no idea what's going on.

EDIT: Never mind, you got it. :)

That shit almost got out of my control :lol:

I'm now wondering what film you're talking about, but I'm sure if it's hyped for critical approval, I should be able to figure it out.

Obviously the way my thread is set up the person who made the film did not request it. But he did request it in a second player's review thread and another person (not the same who requested it in mine) requested it in a third player's review thread. So it's being tossed around as anticipated.

Fun fact: If you took all of Avarice's plot and put it into a word document with landscape format, 14-point times new roman font, and double spacing, it would be 122 pages long. In other words, Ueka wrote a short novel.

Now that's dedication.

• Like 1

Fun fact: If you took all of Avarice's plot and put it into a word document with landscape format, 14-point times new roman font, and double spacing, it would be 122 pages long. In other words, Ueka wrote a short novel.

Now that's dedication.

What is the word count? If it's over 14,000 then Ueka's proably broken the CAYOM record set by MovieMagpie with Knahera: Land of Dreams.