Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

That s the problem with Lincoln.It s just too obvious for a gazillion reasons.If the movie really sweeps, most people will fall asleep during the ceremony halfway through ...That guy, Steven S I am sure I know him but from what ?,and oh, that DDL dude, he reminds me of something ...

Edited by The Futurist

Not sure why some are still fighting Lincoln's sweep. To me its been obvious for weeks, and if it wasn't it sure is now after today's noms.

Personal preferences. From an objective standpoint, however, agreed. SLP or LoP winning would be shocking. Lincoln is textbook Academy material.
  • Like 1

That s the problem with Lincoln.It s just too obvious for a gazillion reasons.If the movie really sweeps, most people will fall asleep during the ceremony halfway through ...That guy, Steven S I am sure I know him but from what ?,and oh, that DDL dude, he reminds me of something ...

If your best rationale for an alternative win is for the "surprise factor", that's pretty telling.

I think you're wrong about people getting bored with a Lincoln sweep if it happens. Lincoln has to be the public's favorite, why else would it be churning towards $200m at the box office? The public would get bored if a movie like SLP, which very few have even seen, swept.

Affleck and Bigelow were so obvious it happened.Big time.NOT.And ROTK had tons of passion.Lincoln has respect, a bit of love but no passion sorry.The Artist was fresh as frack.Lincoln is filmmaking for schools ( as in homework) and retirement homes. That doesn't mean it s not brilliant or well crafted.

Affleck and Bigelow were so obvious it happened.Big time.NOT.And ROTK had tons of passion.Lincoln has respect, a bit of love but no passion sorry.The Artist was fresh as frack.Lincoln is filmmaking for schools ( as in homework) and retirement homes. That doesn't mean it s not brilliant or well crafted.

Lincoln is the public's favorite and is already being considered a swan song of sorts for Spielberg as a director (you know, the most iconic director still alive). You're totally kidding yourself if you think it doesn't have passion. Edited by HobbitMan89

People go see Lincoln because it is about the most famous and ideolized US president, he has almost become a superhero in america's psyche.

It s like a film like The Hobbit, people go see it to stay in the conversation. Teachers asked their students to see Lincoln in most schools in America.

Lincoln is social homework, not passionate word of mouth.

And what is it difficult to understand that seeing Spielberg and DDL winning their third Oscar is going to be boring as hell ??

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted Image

The average Oscar viewer during Oscar telecast as Lincoln is sweeping ...

Edited by The Futurist

All I'm saying is since Lincoln is such an oscar baiting movie it makes no sense why they wouldn't take the bait. They already did as far as noms go. It's like arguing back in early '98 that Titanic wasn't gonna win cause it was so obvious. To me Lincoln falls in the same category as that and ROTK. We knew they were gonna win everything long before it happened.