The Creator

3.12 "The Lone Legend"

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which THREE players will not make it to the Final Five? (please vote for 3)

• Acsc1312 (competing in Challenge 11)
    • Alfred (competing in Challenge 11)
    • Baumer
    • ChD
    • DoctorWho
    • Goffe
    • JackO
    • Riczhang

Jesus Christ!

THE CHALLENGE THAT SHOOK THE WORLD

This Challenge has given me more headache than any other Challenge. It's not easy to score this, not when I made a mistake that could cost the participants their chance at the Final Five. This is a very hard thing to overcome. The three contestants were given a Wednesday Challenge, but the Challenge was not kept confidential, and so each player could see the others' answers (well Baumer still posted his separately, but he could still see ChD's and Alfred's answers). To countermand this, they were given the option to stick with their Wednesday score or try again with a Thursday Challenge that was confidential. Baumer chose to stick with his Wednesday score, while ChD and Alfred tried again. Well, let's take a quick look at Wednesday scores:

Alfred - 90.13%

Baumer - 98.07%

ChD - 87.38%

So based off the Wednesday Challenge, Baumer was a surefire choice for the Final Five. The score to beat was 98.07%. This was no easy task. Let's see how both Alfred and ChD scored in the Thursday Challenge.

ChD scored a 96.11% score in the Thursday Challenge. I post his score first because it is the lowest for the Thursday Challenge and overall on the combined Challenge. This means ChD is eliminated. He did put up a remarkable run this season, finishing in 7th place.

But who will join him? Baumer...or Alfred?

Well this is no easy reveal for me. Baumer scored 98.07% on the Wednesday Challenge. Alfred scored 90.13% on that Challenge...but he chose to do the Thursday Challenge while Baumer did not. On that Challenge, Alfred scored...98.79%. This topped Baumer's score just slighty, enough to ensure Alfred would place in the Final Five. A crushing blow, and one that leaves me with a headache because I feel I am to blame for Baumer's elimination, especially when Baumer so clearly had the initial lead in this Challenge.

So...I am willing to consent to a compromise, based on the participants' opinions, and those of the general populace of the game. Should Alfred, under the normal laws of the Challenge, be allowed to continue because his score was higher than Baumer's (but on a different Challenge)? Or should Baumer be allowed to continue because his score was initially higher than Alfred's, and Alfred was given more time to predict and also an opportunity to be made more aware of his benchmark goal, as an early estimate of Baumer's score had been leaked (it was 4% off, though)?

There are many factors to consider here. One that would favor Alfred though is of course the fact that I originally posted an earlier compromise that each of the players' could agree to, and in it Alfred and ChD agreed for the Thursday Challenge while Baumer agreed to keep his Wednesday score (then-unpublished).

This is the biggest iffy moment in Box Office Alliance Challenge history, so I would like some opinion from the players. As of right now, Alfred is the fifth Final Five Champion. Only Alfred or Baumer can move on, but not both. Based off the compromise and original stipulations of the Challenge, Alfred would advance on...but based on fairness, it's an iffy matter.

Weigh in.

Well if Alfred won, he should go on, but it is a bit unfair to Baumer to begin with. I think both should advance but whoever scored lower this weekend should be eliminated automatically and the other is fair game for the challenge (unless he's immune, of course).

I think we should both go on as well. But if there had to be a decision, then I guess it should be Alfred to move on a you made a call and that is that. Alfred got a better score than me period. I just kind of don't see why it matters if we could see each others answers. Our answers weren't close to each others at all. And ti doesn't do someone any good if they copy someone else.

Well, I had a nice run indeed... Congratulations to Alfred and Baumer.

Don't know if my opinion matters, and it's not that I hate Alfred or something, but I think Baumer should advance since he's a newbier at this game and it's very impressive that he managed to get here and score so high on the challenge... the one I and Alfred originally failed ...

Anyways, I would vote Baumer since he deserves it.

Okay, I got confused. I assumed that baumer went through, because I thought we take the average of both Wed and Thu. I haven't checked ChD's score, but it doesn't really matter whether I posted my picks there or separately, the problem was that we could have seen each other's prediction. I'm sure baumer didn't check our scores either. It would be unfair for him to go out, but at the same time I don't fancy going out with a near 99% score lol

So my suggestion is this: baumer goes through. I go through as well, so make this a single elimination week, but I will be automatically up for the next challenge, Creator will decide whether it's a single or double elimination. It would be my third challenge in a row and I think I deserve to stay in the game if I can manage to survive that one as well.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

I'm not opposed to a Sudden Death Challenge between Baumer and Alfred.

As for a Final Five composed of 6...I'm uncertain. Most of the suggestions that have been proposed concerning that don't fit into the context of what will be revealed when scores for this game are posted. Right off the bat, you'll notice that this is going to be a very unusual game, and it works with five contestants. 6 would disturb that balance.

I have a even better suggestion. Let me go on and eliminate both Alfred and Baumer. This will fix all problems: you don't have to chose between the two of them and you won't have 6 players in last five.

Of course I was joking, LOL.

Yea, it's an unusual season. Fun and entertaining for sure. I was pretty much in control in the beginning, highest scoring team by far, then after special week things went apes shit for me. Creator, do want to do something that hasn't been done? How about an epic double elimination challenge this week? The greatest of all time. Me and baumer stay in the game, the highest scorer immune and the rest is up for an incredible challenge. 4 remaining players after the challenge, 5 participant, only 1 player safe. 451, see what I did there lol.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

Fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you. Fuck you all.

...just kidding. I'm not mad. It's my fault that this happened. Sooooo....*sigh*, a Final Five...with 6 people. But Alfred and Baumer are more like probationary 5th placers. There will be anywhere from 1 to 4 eliminations this week, by the way.

This whole season has kind of been :wtf: . No offense.

I think it's been great. The biggest WTF was the Special Host thing, which didn't quite play out like I was hoping, but everything else has had the adrenaline rush that I wanted Season 3 to have. Season 4 will return to a more traditional approach, but expect many surprises nonetheless.

That being said, I think the next three games (the Final Five games) will be the best games of Box Office Alliance...ever.

Oh, and fyi, this has been the busiest thread for a single Box Office Alliance game ever, 74 posts to Season 2 Finale's 73 posts. In general, this season has had a much greater participation by players and more discussion, which has made this the most exciting season to me. We average 40-45 posts per thread, whereas Season 2 averaged about 25 posts per thread.

Edited by The Creator

I think it's been great. The biggest WTF was the Special Host thing, which didn't quite play out like I was hoping, but everything else has had the adrenaline rush that I wanted Season 3 to have. Season 4 will return to a more traditional approach, but expect many surprises nonetheless.

That being said, I think the next three games (the Final Five games) will be the best games of Box Office Alliance...ever.

Oh, and fyi, this has been the busiest thread for a single Box Office Alliance game ever, 74 posts to Season 2 Finale's 73 posts. In general, this season has had a much greater participation by players and more discussion, which has made this the most exciting season to me. We average 40-45 posts per thread, whereas Season 2 averaged about 25 posts per thread.

Eh, I guess I'm just bitter because the special host thing left me with no points for immunities, making me go into the challenge 2 (3?) weeks in a row, leading to my elimination.