The Creator

3.12 "The Lone Legend"

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which THREE players will not make it to the Final Five? (please vote for 3)

• Acsc1312 (competing in Challenge 11)
    • Alfred (competing in Challenge 11)
    • Baumer
    • ChD
    • DoctorWho
    • Goffe
    • JackO
    • Riczhang

"The Lone Legend" - Game 3.12

And. It. Begins.

We have witnessed the fall of Acsc1312. In a somber moment, we give an ode to the defeat of the longest-lasting veteran of "Box Office Alliance." And yet, we also honor his achievement through his three seasons and recognize that he may always be a threat in future seasons, should he be given the opportunity to return.

But who is "The Lone Legend?" Only one player left standing has been here all 3 seasons and has been a Final Five Champion in both previous seasons. That player is Alfred. He is a legend...but is he "The Lone Legend?" Or is it Goffe, a strong veteran of last season who stands as the frontrunner of this season now that his partner Totem has been defeated. Or perhaps it is ChD...the suprising underdog who has withstood the elements to make it this far, despite all the odds weighing against him.

This is a season of legends. The Lone Legend is for you to decide. It is the player who will make it all the way to the finale and win the crown, claiming the title of Box Office Alliance Season 3 winner. And because of the brutality of this season, that player will surely be a legend to achieve a victory.

But for now, there are 7 players left standing. This week, we cast for the Final Five Championships. Five of those seven contestans will advance on to the most engaging three games of the season, and the most challenging ones. Those five players will compete in the most epic games of Box Office Alliance history...ever. And I promise, there will be bloodshed.

The scores are in. And we have our first finalist(s) for those games. Both Goffe and Alfred were individuals. If either of them won, then only he will be immune and everyone else will be contending to avoid the Challenge. Goffe did post a stellar 89.11% score. Did any team manage to beat that?

...there was one. "The Elites" won this week with a combined score of 89.86%, just beating Goffe. This means that DoctorWho and first place finalist of the week Riczhang will be taking the first two seats of the Final Five Championships. The other three are up for grabs. This week marks the last week points will be in effect. So, there is no point in giving points to Doc and Riczhang. Instead, I awarded points to the other five players without regards to "The Elites''" score, so the rankings don't reflect actual rankings.

THE ELITES

DoctorWho: 85.59% ***(FINAL FIVE CHAMPION)***

Riczhang: 94.12% ***(FINAL FIVE CHAMPION)***

AVG: 89.86%

THE PREDATORS

Baumer: 80.59% +1 (+1 80%+)

ChD: 85.60% +5 (+2 2nd individual, +1 highest Question 3, +2 85%+)

JackO: 63.52%

AVG: 76.57% +6

Individuals!

Alfred: 83.70% +23 (+1 3rd individual, +1 80%+, +1 highest Question 4, +20 won Challenge 11)

Goffe: 89.11% +10 (+5 highest individual, +2 85%+, +1 highest Question 1, +1 highest Question 2, +1 highest Question 5)

Also, it is time to reveal the Deal or No Deals that were awarded last week.

First up, Alfred won the Zero Dark Thirty bonus question. His special Deal or No Deal offered him the option of predict Texas Chainsaw's Wednesday per theater average instead of answering Question 4. He chose this option and received a 94.94% on that question.

Secondly, ChD won the Not Fade Away bonus question. His Deal or No Deal was as follows: if he scored an 88.35% or higher this week, then he would automatically receive a spot in the Final Five Championships. However, if he scored below an 83.35%, he would automatically be sent into The Challenge. He accepted this deal. His score of 85.40% prevented him from being immune but was high enough to avoid automatic expulsion into The Challenge.

And to reveal Riczhang's special bonus prize from the Hobbit Special game for Monday gross: Riczhang was given the option of swapping his bonus score from that question with his Question 3 prediction. He chose this option, so a 96.22% score was substituted for Question 3.

So what does this mean? Who is in the final five right now for sure? Doctorwho and Riczhang? The other three spots are still to be determined?

Yes... Everything depends on how the challenge goes... That would still leave 6 players, though, so you still have to get rid of another one...somehow.

Well it's going to be a Double Elimination Challenge. Everyone will have the opportunity to buy immunities first. They will remain at 20 points a piece. This is the last week points exist, so you may splurge all you want. Two players who are immune will be given seats 4 and 5. The remaining 3 players will go into The Challenge for the 5th seat. Only 1 will survive.

Well it's going to be a Double Elimination Challenge. Everyone will have the opportunity to buy immunities first. They will remain at 20 points a piece. This is the last week points exist, so you may splurge all you want. Two players who are immune will be given seats 4 and 5. The remaining 3 players will go into The Challenge for the 5th seat. Only 1 will survive.

If that one will be me, I'll run naked on the street. I have literally no chance of going further than this.

Edited by ChD

If that one will be me, I'll run naked on the street. I have literally no chance of going further than this.

You have a 20% chance. If you end up immune by some miracle (I don't think you have enough points though, but it depends on whether the players ranked above you for The Challenge buy immunities), then you will be safe. If you end up in The Challenge with two other players, you have a 33% chance of winning. Not too bad.

You have a 20% chance. If you end up immune by some miracle (I don't think you have enough points though, but it depends on whether the players ranked above you for The Challenge buy immunities), then you will be safe. If you end up in The Challenge with two other players, you have a 33% chance of winning. Not too bad.

I wouldn't have enough points to buy an immunity if the points would be counted to the last game and I would've won all of them...

Experience wise, my chances are well below the numbers you just said. I know that my chance, against three people, is pretty solid, but any way it's going to be, I'm going to be against at least one veteran, and that worries me.

And I knew I shouldn't have over estimated Django... I said 11M at first then changed to 13M thinking that Oscar would assure it a good hold... How mistaken I was.

I still have chances next season ^^. Now that people consider me a "danger" (which I strongly doubt), I don't think I'm going to crack the top 10 next season LOL.

FINAL FIVE CHAMPIONS

Seat 1: Riczhang

Seat 2: DoctorWho

Seat 3: Goffe

Seat 4: JackO

Seat 5: ???

That's right, and I'm sure you all predicted that to happen. After immunities were sorted out, Goffe and JackO joined Riczhang and Doc as four of the five Final Five Champions. However...one spot remains open. Three players will compete for that last remaining spot. They are Alfred, ChD, and Baumer. Alfred has the upper advantage of being a veteran who has always finished in the Final Five. ChD is the bigger underdog of the two rookies. Does that make Baumer the average of the three? Or is he "The Lone Legend?" Their Challenge...

1. Predict Zero Dark Thirty's Wednesday per theater average

2. Predict Gangster's Squad total through Wednesday (including Wed gross)

3. Predict Django Unchained's Wednesday percent drop from last Wednesday

DEADLINE: Wednesday, January 16 at 11:00 P.M. Central (midnight on Thursday, January 17 Eastern time)