BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

Another good drop for El Niño. More or less 29-30%. The total should already be about 12 million $, and it should reach 17-18 million (14 million €) and rank second of the year until Hobbit 3 and maybe Interstellar beat it. Good numbers.

What about Torrente 5?

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Ocho Apellidos Vascos opens here today with a strong marketing push and lots of screens. They are probably hoping that it does the same for Spanish movies that Intouchables did for French movies in 2012 (now every year we have a big hit, last year was Paulette and this year was Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?).

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Ocho Apellidos Vascos opens here today with a strong marketing push and lots of screens. They are probably hoping that it does the same for Spanish movies that Intouchables did for French movies in 2012 (now every year we have a big hit, last year was Paulette and this year was Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?).

I wish you like it, or at least, understand it. IMO, if you do not know very well Basque and Andalusian people, their customs and speech, you will not enjoy too much the film. It is a very very local oriented film.

• Like 1

I wish you like it, or at least, understand it. IMO, if you do not know very well Basque and Andalusian people, their customs and speech, you will not enjoy too much the film. It is a very very local oriented film.

I saw the trailer and I didn't understood much (because of the reasons you describe) so I probably won't see it. Begin Again and The Maze Runner also open here this weekend and I want to see them. 

As Above So Below and If I Stay both seemed to have tanked quite hard.

I didn't even know those 2 movies had been released last Friday... If I Stay opened in 81 screens and As Above As Below in only 27 screens... That's wierd because I saw aAsB adds at every theatre I've been this summer... My friends actually wanted to see it... If I Stay should enter the Top Ten (at the 8th or 9th place) but aAsB won't

I didn't even know those 2 movies had been released last Friday... If I Stay opened in 81 screens and As Above As Below in only 27 screens... That's wierd because I saw aAsB adds at every theatre I've been this summer... My friends actually wanted to see it... If I Stay should enter the Top Ten (at the 8th or 9th place) but aAsB won't

Wow, both were very limited releases. I thought both would be wide releases. As Above So Below opened here in 30 screens last weekend. Kinda insane to think it had more screens here.

• Like 1

Wow, both were very limited releases. I thought both would be wide releases. As Above So Below opened here in 30 screens last weekend. Kinda insane to think it had more screens here.

Lucky for me because I didn't want to see that one but my friends did and they would had voted against me. Yves Saint Laurent had more screens than those two movies (99). I will see The Maze Runner tomorrow or on Wednesday Edited by Henry II of Arendelle

Weekend 26-28th Sept (according BOM):

1. The Maze Runner: $1.324m (-28.2%) - $3.856m cume

2. La Isla Mínima: $1.203m NEW

3. El Niño: $1.196m (-25.1$) - $17.601m cume

4. The Hundred-Foot Journey: $0.400m NEW

5. Lucy: $0.317m (-22.2%) - $12.322m cume

Very good drops. La Isla Mínima opened quite well considering it has opened in just 195 theaters. A similar movie like El Niño opened to 3.8 million but in 648 theaters.

Torrente 5 opens this Friday. For the record, Torrente 4 opened to $11.6 million in 2011 and finished with 29 million $.

Torrente 3 opened in the same weekend or very close to this 5th part (Sept 30th-Oct 2nd, 2005). It opened to $8.7 million and finished with 21.7 million $.

After maybe 2 or 3 weekends of Torrente, we will have 3 Spanish movies on top of the year. I do not remember something like that.

All figures are from BOM.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 3