Impact

Best supporting actress-2013

http://www.goldderby.com/news/4656/meryl-streep-oprah-winfrey-oscars-entertainment-news-386149257.html

Fucking LOL !

Meryl and the Queen together ?

Believe it !!!

Oh god. Oprah vs. Goddess. 

(And would this mean Lawrence gets nominated now? I believe Adams is going lead now.) 

Basically Oscah Number 4 is assured. (Though, Roberts is giving up her easy win now for a battle she won't win. I wonder why. I know she wants to go lead, but she knows that she won't win there, while she will in Supporting. Strange. This is just illogical on all fronts. Harvey's giving up potentially (and very likely at least 1) 2 acting winners for one guaranteed one. Not like him.)

• Like 1

Meryl's going Supporting? I'm wondering if it will stick. Last year didn't Weintstein try to push Waltz as Lead in Django (hoping to clear the path for DiCaprio to get nominated there) but all the critics groups voted Waltz in Supporting anyway, so Harvey quickly gave up and went with the tide (leaving Poor Leo to be snubbed)? So I'm wondering if this news about Meryl is true, and will actually work.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Meryl's going Supporting? I'm wondering if it will stick. Last year didn't Weintstein try to push Waltz as Lead in Django (hoping to clear the path for DiCaprio to get nominated there) but all the critics groups voted Waltz in Supporting anyway, so Harvey quickly gave up and went with the tide (leaving Poor Leo to be snubbed)? So I'm wondering if this news about Meryl is true, and will actually work.

For SAG and GG. They can only vote for the designated category. And those two announce first. So I think Harvey could force everyone to buy the supporting story. (And, he has gotten better at this since The Reader.) 

Only qualm is that Crone will have to witness Meryl winning over another Black Actress. And I seriously can't take her blog when it's all about how "THE ACADEMY IS RACIST!!!!!" I still go back though, lol. She is addicting as hell. 

Only qualm is that Crone will have to witness Meryl winning over another Black Actress. And I seriously can't take her blog when it's all about how "THE ACADEMY IS RACIST!!!!!" I still go back though, lol. She is addicting as hell. 

Overall, I don't think Meryl winning over Oprah will be viewed through the same lens Meryl beating Viola Davis, a long-time working actress, as opposed to a mogul/icon who just dabbles when she's not running her own empire. Sure, some people will say Meryl has enough Oscars, others will say Oprah's won enough in life. Maybe Sasha will see it as OMG racism! but I haven't taken her seriously since she lost it when the tide turned against The Social Network in 2010.

I wonder if Meryl in Supporting means Harvey doesn't think Oprah can actually win, also Meryl thinking people will be less averse to giving her Oscar #4 if it's not another lead award.

Overall, I don't think Meryl winning over Oprah will be viewed through the same lens Meryl beating Viola Davis, a long-time working actress, as opposed to a mogul/icon who just dabbles when she's not running her own empire. Sure, some people will say Meryl has enough Oscars, others will say Oprah's won enough in life. Maybe Sasha will see it as OMG racism! but I haven't taken her seriously since she lost it when the tide turned against The Social Network in 2010.

I wonder if Meryl in Supporting means Harvey doesn't think Oprah can actually win, also Meryl thinking people will be less averse to giving her Oscar #4 if it's not another lead award.

I don't think Oprah was ever winning. If Meryl was leading, then Julia would've been supporting and won over Oprah. Octavia would win over Oprah. 

She is a deranged lunatic.