6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This would have been an A if they just could have tightened it up at the end. But as it stands, this is how you do horror right. Tense, taut, intense, scary and a buildup that just keeps going. I've always been scared of what might be there, not necessarily what is there.....that's one of the reasons Jaws worked so well. This film terrifies you and then keeps going.More later when i have some time.7.5/10

• Like 1

This would have been an A if they just could have tightened it up at the end. But as it stands, this is how you do horror right. Tense, taut, intense, scary and a buildup that just keeps going. I've always been scared of what might be there, not necessarily what is there.....that's one of the reasons Jaws worked so well. This film terrifies you and then keeps going.More later when i have some time.7.5/10

pretty much my feelings as well

• Like 1

I'll be damned. It always makes me happy when a movie proves me wrong. 

I really liked Dark Skies. Its not quite as scary or fucked up as Sinister, but it still delivers the goods: there are some killer scares in here. I also enjoyed the main family, they are much better written than some of the characters you usually see in horror movies. 

3,5/5

• Like 1

it's a visually good looking small film, sharply directed and with good enough performances. Its problem is that it takes a somewhat interesting premise and develops it in the most uninteresting/boring way possible, plus the ending is such a lazy cop out. 50/100

Edited by Goffe