If this ends up with a worse RT score than Mad 3, that's two years in a row DWA has beaten Pixar critic-wise on RT. And Pixar barely beat HTTYD with TS3 (epic animation year).

That should turn everything on its head the next couple of years. It feels like we loonies really can't say much about quality against DWA until Pixar rights this ship.

Mad 3 beating a Pixar original. Unreal. The Mayans were right.

Maybe, what you said a few days ago isn't such a far out idea anymore. If for anything else, just to stir things up a little. The big question will be, what does Catmull/Lasseter think about it?

Maybe, what you said a few days ago isn't such a far out idea anymore. If for anything else, just to stir things up a little. The big question will be, what does Catmull/Lasseter think about it?

Yeah seriously, screw what they think at this point. Bring Jeffrey back.

(WTF?!?)

This. And Lasseter needs to figure out how to stop alienating and losing talent.

Wasn't that what this film was supposed to be about? It was shepherded by a bunch of talent who had only worked in limited roles on Pixar's previous films.

No one needs to save Pixar. It` s just that you people are now becoming aware of how overrated that studio is. This is how non-Pixar fans feel about almost every Pixar movie. I`ll give them Nemo which was fantastic in no small measure thanks to Ellen, one of the greatest performences in movies ever, but the rest, especially Incredibles, Up and Wall-E are overrated beyond reason.

Wasn't that what this film was supposed to be about? It was shepherded by a bunch of talent who had only worked in limited roles on Pixar's previous films.

It isn't when the person who thought of the idea is taken off the project just because she isn't connected or kiss up to the right people.

Edited by iEye

No one needs to save Pixar. It` s just that you people are now becoming aware of how overrated that studio is. This is how non-Pixar fans feel about almost every Pixar movie. I`ll give them Nemo which was fantastic in no small measure thanks to Ellen, one of the greatest performences in movies ever, but the rest, especially Incredibles, Up and Wall-E are overrated beyond reason.

How many "non-Pixar fans" are there, exactly? I mean, considering that their films regularly do $200 million+ in box office receipts, I think more moviegoers like them than don't.

Edited by tribefan695

Bullshit. This isn't Cars 2. It's a B+ movie. Everyone's just going to compare it directly to Rat/WALL-E/TS/etc and think it sucks, which is sad.

I already know I'll like it more than Cars 2 for a few reasons:

- No Larry the Cable Guy. :D

-Storyline looks much less generic.

-Characters look much less generic.

-Score is amazing (at least the samples were).

-Animation in stunning. Cars 2's was just good.

-No Larry the Cable Guy.

-Clips are better, and the emotion does not seemed forced like it does in Cars 2.

-No Larry the Cable Guy.

-No Mater

-No Larry the freakin' Cable Guy.

How many "non-Pixar fans" are there, exactly? I mean, considering that their films regularly do $200 million+ in box office receipts, I think more moviegoers like them than don't.

Considering that JC movies make much more than Pixar movies, double, tripple as much, i`d say all those people who didn`t turn Pixar shit into Camerons aren`t fans.

Edited by fishnets

It isn't when the person who thought of the idea is taken off the project because of internal political bullshit.

Even if it was because of "political bullshit", they brought in a guy who was just as inexperienced as she was to take over. And another inexperienced filmmaker was brought on as co-director.

Edited by tribefan695

Considering that JC movies make much more than Pixar movies, double, tripple as much, i`d say all those people who didn`t turn Pixar shit into Camerons aren`t fans.

Well, they've had by far the most consistent success of any animation studio, and I don't think it's fair to compare them to the guy who's an absolute genius at four-quad filmmaking. There are still a lot of people who plain won't see an animated movie, regardless of its quality, because they think it's only for kids.

I still have a lot of faith in the dinosaur and mind movies. But you guys will see in the Monsters University trailer next week (which asks nearly verbatim WHAT WERE THESE MONSTERS LIKE WHEN THEY WERE IN COLLEGE?) how lazy it feels.

I think what happened was that they found these great guys right off the bat- Unkrich, Bird, Docter, Stanton- and the company's first ten features all benefitted from their in-house expertise (Bird was actually the only one who wasn't with the studio from the beginning, but he more than proved himself with Iron Giant). I liked Brave, mind you, but you immediately know that Chapman and Andrews aren't nearly as masterful of filmmakers as the original crew.

It's great that Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich are working on original projects, because Pixar needs its proven talent right now.