What are they not liking about it though?

-old-fashioned, yeah that's a bad thing now.

-not like the past Pixar classics, that's a bad thing too.

-simple and not risky, another bad thing.

I guess MADAGASCAR and THE LORAX were risky. #wtf

It's complicated. Seems to be a combination of story, pacing, and character development. At least Merida the character is getting universal praise.

What is Pixar doing...? :mellow:

i just knew critics would hate this. the pixar hate as of late was clearly palpable. build them up then tear them down! it always happens. brave will have to pay the price

I think this will do pretty decently for a pixar film in the box office. Depends how the female lead effects children though.

Visual for most part was as good as any pixar film (I have a slight problem with the mothers hair.. it looked pretty bad).

It is definitely not as risky as the traditional Pixar movie, however it takes the 'tradional fairytale' in a different way. In the same way The Incredibles took the superhero films in a different way.

It does change directions halfway through, but I really liked it. It was unexpected, and was done well.

I tell you they are just being strange with the reviews. I figured after TS3 this was going to happen....they were going to compare every other film to all the rest of them.

-old-fashioned, yeah that's a bad thing now.

-not like the past Pixar classics, that's a bad thing too.

-simple and not risky, another bad thing.

I guess MADAGASCAR and THE LORAX were risky. #wtf

That s what I have been telling you all along.

Critics did a giant bukkake on Toy Story 3, giving the movie a ridiculous universal praise. I didn't think the movie was that good.

And now, critics are bored with the Pixar formula and don't even realise they have negative bias and angles when they review a new one.

It s really pathetic actually.

And other CGI toons get a free pass even when they are sub par.

Madagascar 3 over Brave ? Really ? That s the best they can do ???

Lol at reviewers saying it is safe while other reviews point out at a major twist towards the middle of the movie.

Edited by The Futurist

Exactly. This is why I thought CARS ll was over-criticized. Way over.

I agree that Cars II isn't as bad as critics say. The hate for that movie is stupid. Critics wrote the reviews in the moment the movie was announced... it never had a chance.

Edited by CJohn

Todd McCarthy on TANGLED

An old-fashioned Disney fairy tale gussied up in 3D for the holidays. FRESH

Todd McCarthy on BRAVE

Pixar's 13th feature plays it safe and old-fashioned rather than risky and adventurous. ROTTEN

Are-You-On-Drugs-PSP-Theme.jpg