On a terrible fucking sidenote, pieces of trash broke into my truck while I took my daughters to watch this.

When I first read this I thought that, like, literal pieces of stuff you would find in garbage slipped into your truck. I'm so sorry. I'm an idiot :lol:

I was ecstatic walking out because the movie did not disappoint at all. Then I walk right into that crap. They stole my daughter's backpacks for goodness sake. Seriously?

Oh well. Material stuff. At least we had fun watching a great film.

Sorry to hear.

This isn't Transformers 2. This got a 73% Rotten Tomatoes score.

It's not about the score but about the tone of some of the reviews. Even positive reviews were saying we expect better from Pixar. They can screw it. Movie is absolutely great.

I'm gonna get trashed for this, but I didn't like the movie. Better than most animation even for Pixar's standard, but to my defense I don't like most animation, and the last animation besides the small indie animations that no one sees but seem to get nominated for oscars every year, the last animation I really, really liked was probably Wall-E. The Toy Story series I didn't really like all that much, but I have good memories from when I was like 3 years old watching them, so they're good in my book even though the third one wasn't all that great. And before Wall-E probably Beauty and the Beast........ [Yes I didn't like Lion King.] But, that's just my opinion. Brave was charming, and all that was expected of Pixar, but nothing really that makes it a good movie like Wall-E was.

Went with my nieces and they absolutely loved it. Critics can go to hell. Movie is absolutely magical and WOM is gonna be insane for it.

Went with my nieces too! Yay for little nieces! :P:lol:

I half agree with you. The second half worked marvelously and was classic Pixar, but the first half had a lot of problems I thought. I can see why it's in the mid 70's on RT, though I think it should be in the low 80's or so. I'd put it below everything of Pixar's except the Cars movies and A Bug's Life. I did like it more than I expected though, especially the second half which if I was just rating that portion I'd give a solid A. B- for first half, B+ overall.

Edited by MovieMan89

^ Apparently you've felt the opposite way to the critics, they liked the first half but not the second.

Really?! I honestly haven't bothered to read more than just the snippets of reviews but the second half is by far what really worked about the movie for me. I felt the first half was fairly generic and cliche, not to mention a bit boring. The second part on the other hand was charming and heartfelt, and it's when the characters became truly likable for me.

Went with my nieces too! Yay for little nieces! :P:lol:

I half agree with you. The second half worked marvelously and was classic Pixar, but the first half had a lot of problems I thought. I can see why it's in the mid 70's on RT, though I think it should be in the low 80's or so. I'd put it below everything of Pixar's except the Cars movies and A Bug's Life. I did like it more than I expected though, especially the second half which if I was just rating that portion I'd give a solid A. B- for first half, B+ overall.

I didn't mind the first half but second half of the movie blew me away. It was classic Pixar. To me right up their with FN, Rat, Mons INC and behind TS, Wall-e, TI.

I didn't mind the first half but second half of the movie blew me away. It was classic Pixar. To me right up their with FN, Rat, Mons INC and behind TS, Wall-e, TI.

Yeah if the whole movie would have been on par with the second half I would probably put it in the same rank as Monsters, Nemo, and Rat as well. Unfortunately though I can't ignore the fact that the first half was noticeably weak.

Yeah if the whole movie would have been on par with the second half I would probably put it in the same rank as Monsters, Nemo, and Rat as well. Unfortunately though I can't ignore the fact that the first half was noticeably weak.

And it was highly, been there seen that. The entire fire half isn't really original, it's been used in so many previous animation movies, almost unmodified, and this even applies to the second half to an extent.

Regardless of where we put it in Pixar's all-time list, it was a massive step in the right direction after Cars 2.

Yep. If this had come out in the midst of their winning streak, I don't think I would've had any fears for their future.

If this had come out right after TS3 than RT score would have been high 80's to low 90's.