It has Ice Age 4 and TDKR.

Mad 3 surviving Brave is a bit of an anomaly and of course TDKR is bigger than everything any animated movie has ever faced.

Brave should have been at least 15m better than its position now if it wanted to crush Mad comfortably. Now it might be tight if IA4 affects it.

LOL Brave is locked to beat Mad 3.

Brave is doing much better than Mad3 early on, but I'm hesitant to use "lock" until I see how much damage IA4 is going to wreak. I doubt Brave has a better hold than Mad3 in their 4th weekends, and Mad3 is likely going to have a stronger finish than Brave.

Brave is doing much better than Mad3 early on, but I'm hesitant to use "lock" until I see how much damage IA4 is going to wreak. I doubt Brave has a better hold than Mad3 in their 4th weekends, and Mad3 is likely going to have a stronger finish than Brave.

22nd days:

188.2 M BRAVE

171.8 M MADAGASCAR: EMW

Close enough that we can ditch the same-day comparisons and start counting down the total gross. No way Brave doesn't finish making up the last few mil in the next 2 weeks. It closed the gap by 7m just over this weekend alone. I'll probably make up 4M or so next weekend, and weekdays this week should cover most of the rest.

Pissed off at America for this. This should have done at least 270M.

I am disappointed too, but I remember how animation performed so crappily last year so that changes my perspective a bit.

And no matter what happens, the fact that Brave was able to gross more (at least domestically) against established franchises tells me that Pixar is still a trusted studio.

Pissed off at America for this. This should have done at least 270M.

Don't understand where people get these "should" numbers from; the closest comparison to the type of movie Brave was is Tangled, which barely made 200M (although from a less reputable studio, granted), but also about 50% of Pixar movies made between 180-220M total gross (which Brave will likely exceed at this point). Few Pixar movies do much more than 250M (only FN and UP as originals got very far past that). Brave was never going to match UP or FN.

Pissed off at America for making Brave (and I'm assuming it passes the Lorax) the highest grossing animated film since 2010?

okay <_<