I did think Brave would do better OS. Matching IA4 was out of the question but I thought 650-700M WW was feasible after Up and TS3.

never ever

in a lot of countries a leading old man is less of a problem than a teenage girl

the best that Brave could hope for was Tangled's WW 590.7, but for that it lacked the fairy tale ring

so Brave will be the no.1 animated movie of 2012..expected but a sigh of relief for us pixar fans after the debacle named cars2(god i hate mater)

Rise of the Guardians and Wreck it Ralph still to come. I wouldn't crown Brave just yet.

I am disappointed too, but I remember how animation performed so crappily last year so that changes my perspective a bit.

And no matter what happens, the fact that Brave was able to gross more (at least domestically) against established franchises tells me that Pixar is still a trusted studio.

You are wrong.

ANimation is not performing poorly.

ANimation is a saturated market with way too many films per year, like 8 a year.

20 years ago, you had a Disney and basta, that was it and maybe a Don Bluth every 4 years.

You are wrong.

ANimation is not performing poorly.

ANimation is a saturated market with way too many films per year, like 8 a year.

20 years ago, you had a Disney and basta, that was it and maybe a Don Bluth every 4 years.

Relative to 2010 and this year? 2011 was a crappy animation year, oversaturation or not.

Brave is gonna win domestic, though Wreck it Ralph seems that it's gonna break out but 215 is the roof

I thought it would too but I'm not a fan of that release date. Too early, and it usually drops like a rock after Thanksgiving. But I still think it breaks out enough, $200m could be doable.

It's not a great comparison, but films like Monsters Inc and The Incredibles opened years ago on the same weekend WIR is doing, and it's better it gets farther from Rise of the Guardians

However I'm worried about the animated films released in early October