Does anyone else think that even if the movie is really good and opens strong (60-70 mil range) that it's legs could be cut out pretty good by the 3rd weekend TASM, 4th weekend Ice Age, 5th weekend TDKR? Drops in the 40s is a big difference from drops in the 30s (which it'll need more than 1 or 2 of to reach the heights some are predicting.

Up's weekend drop %s vs what Brave will have releasing:

35% --- Brave's free second weekend

30% --- Brave against TASM

23% --- Brave against Ice Age 4

44% --- Brave against TDKR

Ramifications?

Is not TS3 the better comparision wth its June 18th release?

TS3 made more than 75% of its total in the first 3 weeks, then IA4 can hit it.

I think we'd make progress as a society if we didn't make a big deal out of that.

In a way you're right but when i compare to Myazaki's movies with girls in important / multi-layered roles that can also appeal to guys, i can't stop thinking "at last! What were you afraid of?" about Pixar.

TBF it's the crew that are making a big deal about it.

Maybe Lasseter is a bit but the way Mark Andrews is talking about it he sounds like he's mostly interested in the central conflict.

They're not making a huge deal out of it in the marketing, so I'll give them credit for that.

Edited by tribefan695

This will hurt Mada 3, but IA4 wont hurt this too much. This is fresh, original Pixar, i had adults at my TA showing saying it looked good, and everyone laughed at the impersonation, the brothers and the "feast your eyes" line. This movie is giving of a HTTYD vibe to me, mainly because of the scenery, but it think itll be just as good, and that movie did well. IA4 is just a rehash of IA 1-3, no new plot just new charcters, that and Mada 3 will drop, but Brave can be this years Up- with a little lower gross. IA4 shouldve had the characters frozen and thawed in 2012 and had them adjust to modern time, but nooo its same old. Im seeing Brave- 230M-270M, IA4- Under 160M, Mada 3- Under 140M

Edited by jandrew

You know a lot of little girls are going to want a bow and arrow after this.

Now this is what? The 5,000th bow and arrow film in the past 5 years?

I've seen the director of an archery school in North Carolina being happy about THG and the prospects for his school.

You know a lot of little girls are going to want a bow and arrow after this.

Now this is what? The 5,000th bow and arrow film in the past 5 years?

I would see it that way:

- Robin Hood: Macho Russell

- The Hunger Games: Voluptuous Jennifer

- The Avengers: Mysterious Jeremy

- Brave: feisty-with-crazy-hairs Merinda

All different despite the same artefacts!

:)

All of these spots and trailers show so many jokes/fun times that I wonder when the plot (like in the Japanese trailer) actually starts in the movie.

the medieval genre is so saturated in the market, a little shocking Pixar chose this as the project to follow a very generic Cars 2

Not really. Of the past year Pirates and Sherlock Holmes are the only real "period pieces" that were big hits, and they take place in the 18th and 19th centuries respectively.

And they started planning this back in 2007. They had no idea what the market was going to be like at the time of its release.

Edited by tribefan695