Vanilla

Early Friday Numbers. Croods-11, Olympus-10, Spring.Admission-2.5

Sony was clearly expecting Olympus to bomb. With Olympus doing so well (possible 30M OW), is WHD is danger of being delayed?

I hope not.. All they need to do is have good marketing team and try to differ it. Their plot already  change not by much lol

"While on a tour of the White House with his young daughter, a police officer (Channing Tatum) springs into action to save his child and protect the president (Jamie Foxx) from a heavily armed group of paramilitary invaders."

On Tuesday Jamie, Emmerich and Tatum are doing a Q &A for WHD event

Edited by Dragon

Olympus should do 28-29 million according to my weekend estimates and which would mean a 70-80M finish. Excellent!

The Croods should do 44-45 million according to my weekend estimates and which would mean a 140M-155M finish. Good comeback from Rise of the Guardians. 

Spring Breakers should do 6-7 million according to my weekend estimates

Edited by Hiccup
  • Like 1

Olympus should do 28-29 million according to my weekend estimates and which would mean a 70-80M finish. Excellent!

The Croods should do 44-45 million according to my weekend estimates and which would mean a 140M-155M finish. Good comeback from Rise of the Guardians. 

Spring Breakers should do 6-7 million according to my weekend estimates

And what are your estimates based off of?

if I was sony I will say ts a sequel lol

Haha is that legal? Could they really say "in ten years, we rebuilt, in ten years, they returned, the sequel to the hit OHF, starring Channing Tatum is Gerards son and Jamie Foxx as Morgan Freemans" haha, man if they did that, FD would be sueing after the first estimate.

• Like 1

Still early so they could up or down, but I'm seeing up; good numbers so far.

Olympus will be the movie to track this weekend, and after this is breaking out and the Call last weekend, hopefully the market is starting to be excepting of over-violent R films again. The Croods number is expected, but still good, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out and how DWA embraces it.

Admission's number isn't a shock. The movie looks unoriginal and painfully bland. It's one of those movies that just not many people are going to pay $9-$14 for, like Side Effects. SB should do solid for what it is. It's extremely difficult for Selena and Vanessa to sell their Disney names since most of their fans are still under 17 and I think parents are going to really check reviews and BO workers are going to tell parents "hey, Idkk". Good early estimates overall, we'll see how they play out!

Edited by jandrew

Haha is that legal? Could they really say "in ten years, we rebuilt, in ten years, they returned, the sequel to the hit OHF, starring Channing Tatum is Gerards son and Jamie Foxx as Morgan Freemans" haha, man if they did that, FD would be sueing after the first estimate.

They could ask Filmdistrict. They can get some of the profit if its a hit