X-Men (2000)  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it.

It had been about 6 years since I last watched X-men, and randomly last night I had the sudden urge to see it, re-grade it. I remember not being to fond of it before, I gave it a C+ on my list of every movie I've ever seen (yes I know). 

I was blown away. The first 20 minutes is pitch perfect. Grade A film making, the story introduces its characters, and moves so well. 

The plot is simple, the script is short, get in and get out was the attitude. This is a positive and a negative. It never has the chance to drag, bore or confuse you, its lean, but at the same time it doesn't strive or ever try to be an A movie because of that.

Overall X-Men is very well made film, and did a great job setting up the world.

Solid B+

*favorite scene is the introduction and first meeting of Magneto and Professor X, I love the way Bryan Singer and Newton Sigel shot it. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

• Community Manager

I bought the first three X-men films (and First Class) on iTunes in preparation for my flight. So this was the first time I've seen this movie in years.

It's a pretty fun movie even if it feels less like a film and more like a television pilot.

B

• Like 1

I'm really not the best judge of this movie cause I admit I have somewhat a bias against X-Men that originates from comics. The cast were pretty good, but I hardly feel connected with the story and the tired theme, or the characters. Can't bring myself to care for more than half of the team members. And that left me bored in parts.Actions and music were okay. Special effects don't age well, but considering the time period it came out, it was quite good. C+

X-Men is an intriguing introduction to the world of mutants, but one that has easy room for improvement. None of the characters have arcs, and it's hard to really call any of them characters. Jackman, Paquin, Romijn, Stewart and McKellen try their hardest, and thus, their characters are at least memorable. The action is cool at the end, especially for the year 2000's standards. Thankfully, the plot is simple and easy-to-grasp, and thus, it's still an enjoyable feature. However, X-Men clearly just sets the stage for better films to come, and on its own, can only be slightly average. C